Build version 5.1.11.139 component package 1.0.5072

• Root Admin

Porthos posted 100% exactly the reason for the difference. @Triple Helix I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to say.

Beta vs. Release has always been different and that is on purpose for every software ever written.

As far as posting a detailed history of change, yes that is slow and I will once again submit to the team asking them to post the details.

Thank you

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Updated information
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Porthos posted 100% exactly the reason for the difference. @Triple Helix I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to say.

Beta vs. Release has always been different and that is on purpose for every software ever written.

As far as posting a detailed history of change, yes that is slow and I will once again submit to the team asking them to post the details.

Thank you

Why do I have the Beta then go back to the Release version? You would think it would stay in the Beta until there is another Beta? I have not seen this before.

Thanks,

Just now, AdvancedSetup said:

I would need to get the MBST set of logs to review what might be going on as far as the main version changing.

That should not downgrade to a lower version if that is what you're trying to indicate.

Correct right on the dot!

• Root Admin

To begin, please do the following so that we may take a closer look at your installation for troubleshooting:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained are safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file
  • In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation
  • Run the MBST Support Tool
  • In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced
  • In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to the Public desktop, please upload that file on your next reply

Thank you

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I have never seen it jump back to the release version from the beta without doing a reinstall.

There has been a couple of betas that went by with no release notes though.

That was the point this time I had 5.2 and it updated to 5.1 so I thought that was odd, so sometimes you need to look at the post before replying to see what the OP is trying to say like 5.2 back to 5.1... and no clean reinstall.

Thanks,

Edited by Triple Helix