How many email addresses will Identity Protect cover?

Go to solution Solved by jtodd234,

A basic security fundamental is to NEVER use the same password for more than one site. Using the same password in 2 sites halves the security. 3 sites halves it again. By the time someone has used the same password in 4 sites, you can assume this password is compromised and available to any hacker.

It is also silly to used the same email for every site. Banking, social, shopping etc should be protected by using different email addresses. For example, if the email address used for all online shopping is compromised, you don't have to change your email address used for all banking or the email address used for all social sites.

Before I upgrade to the MB Select package, will it actually protect my whole online identity, or just one portion of it? 

• Administrators
  • Solution

@4speakers Thanks for posting and great question. Jason here from Malwarebytes Support team. At this time there is no limit that I am aware of on email addresses. You will have a primary email address for Identity that you will receive your alerts on, and you can add additional emails to be monitored as needed & currently I have not seen any limitation placed on this. 

I hope that addresses your question however if you have any other concerns let us know we would be happy to further assist. 

Edited by jtodd234
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2