[ RESOLVED ] Malwarebytes 3.5.1 not updating definitions... again

Go to solution Solved by jtodd234,

It may not be an outage, per se.

It may be a case where the v4.x and v5.x Engines have diverged so much from v3.5.x that they are on different distribution channels and thus v3.5.1 may deliberately not be updated as often as v4.x and v5.x products.

• Confused 1

• Administrators
  • Solution

Hello All,

Jason here, and I lead our Support team.

This message is to inform everyone that, based on our End-of-life policy, Malwarebytes Product Lifecycle policy – Malwarebytes Help Center,  support for version 3.5.1 has been discontinued. Shifting technological landscapes have made it increasingly challenging to provide adequate protection, and many users have reported that updates are becoming increasingly unstable.

Therefore, there will be no further updates, including databases on this version or any 3. x versions.

I understand that this may be unexpected for some. Rest assured, we are actively improving our communication strategies as we transition to future versions to keep users more informed. 

I am happy to discuss any concerns about individual situations, as this news is potentially unexpected for some. Please do not hesitate to private message me here on the forums to discuss your specific situation as needed. 

• Thanks 4
  • Sad 3