Anti Nag Version .. Now hear Me Out Please

Hello everyone.

I have been a very solid user of MB since a year or so after it hit the net, so 15 years ago for me give or take. I have come to the conclusion that I have to uninstall it now. It does nothing but NAG constantly to upgrade. I get it, free is free. However, years back when I first got MB, it was to help fight spammers, scammers and hackers etc. Everyone on the staff was onboard with it as well. Now, I don't feel as though that is the case. Now I feel as though it is money first, maybe some security sprinkled in there after. But Pay up or else get nagged at relentlessly!

Here is where my suggestion comes in to play. How about you put a toggle switch in (if it is it does not work) that if toggled shuts the nagging off. Times are hard and not everyone can afford to pay up or else! The or else being to uninstall simply to get away from all the nagging. For example, I installed this software and used it to clean my MIL Laptop and since it was on a free trial, she kept it. Once that trial was up, she was BEGGING me to please uninstall it. Once in a blue moon is ok but man the nagging is relentless. Please give us tire kicking broke folks a "Sorry I'm broke this year" toggle switch. As much as I love this software and everything it does and have used it over the years, I can no longer love it due to all the nagging. Do we not really see the irony here?

And, the mobile version needs to be able to be installed without harvesting emails in advance first. I don't care how you rub it's nose in it, it will not install without giving up a email first. Why?

This absolutely can not be the same company I supported so many years back is it?

So to recap, and sorry for such a long winded first post here for me, 

1. Cool feature to add, "I'm broke and please don't nag at me toggle"
2. Mobile version that does not harvest email addresses.

3 hours ago, DjPorkchop73 said:

It does nothing but NAG constantly to upgrade. I get it, free is free.

The solution as a free user is to turn off " Launch Malwarebytes in the background when Windows starts" in the program.

image.thumb.png.7d935509b251c487f61316aeaa08addc.png

Then choose "Ouit Malwarebytes" after each FREE scan.

image.png.4cf1e87739244579ee6c41875e5588a6.png

When you want to run the next scan open Malwarebytes from the desktop icon, update and scan, wash, and repeat each time you wish to scan.

image.thumb.png.bb3d4d05690d787b47e13cd9683d781c.png

Nags gone...

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
On 7/26/2024 at 4:25 PM, DjPorkchop73 said:

Hello everyone.

I have been a very solid user of MB since a year or so after it hit the net, so 15 years ago for me give or take. I have come to the conclusion that I have to uninstall it now. It does nothing but NAG constantly to upgrade. I get it, free is free. However, years back when I first got MB, it was to help fight spammers, scammers and hackers etc. Everyone on the staff was onboard with it as well. Now, I don't feel as though that is the case. Now I feel as though it is money first, maybe some security sprinkled in there after. But Pay up or else get nagged at relentlessly!

Here is where my suggestion comes in to play. How about you put a toggle switch in (if it is it does not work) that if toggled shuts the nagging off. Times are hard and not everyone can afford to pay up or else! The or else being to uninstall simply to get away from all the nagging. For example, I installed this software and used it to clean my MIL Laptop and since it was on a free trial, she kept it. Once that trial was up, she was BEGGING me to please uninstall it. Once in a blue moon is ok but man the nagging is relentless. Please give us tire kicking broke folks a "Sorry I'm broke this year" toggle switch. As much as I love this software and everything it does and have used it over the years, I can no longer love it due to all the nagging. Do we not really see the irony here?

And, the mobile version needs to be able to be installed without harvesting emails in advance first. I don't care how you rub it's nose in it, it will not install without giving up a email first. Why?

This absolutely can not be the same company I supported so many years back is it?

So to recap, and sorry for such a long winded first post here for me, 

1. Cool feature to add, "I'm broke and please don't nag at me toggle"
2. Mobile version that does not harvest email addresses.

Hi, I'm Michael and lead our product team here. Thanks for sharing your MIL's less-than-ideal experience - definitely missed the mark with her and you. And to be clear, yes, we are a business and want to grow, but we also don't want to annoy (free or paid) users along the way. We take this feedback very seriously here. 

Can you tell me more about the nags you got with the free (assume Windows) desktop version? Was it the notifications outside of the app (e.g. tray notifications), in-app, or maybe even something outside the app like emails.

You can disable the tray notifications by going to settings -> notifications -> disable Show promotional notifications from Malwarebytes

For mobile, can you share more about what you're seeing and with which OS? You can get both from the app stores without giving us your email - you do need to have an app store account though.

Again, thanks for sharing this feedback.

• Like 1