Computer infected, please assist.

Hi, can you please also check mine? I have similar issue with rkzco and Im facing the same virus named "Trojan.PyengyLoader". My highest suspect is that it came when I downloaded game from sus website (I learnt my lesson). I have taken all possible steps starting with scan w/malwarebytes (thats how I learn the virus Trojan.PyengyLoader). I scanned with Adwcleaner, Kaspersky, Microsoft safety scanner, Security check, and FSS Farbar as mentioned in this thread. For some of the steps they are pretty solid scan and shows which file is damaged/infected and which should be quarantined. However for Security check by glax and FSS Farbar, the only result is txt files.

It would be reassuring if you can check those txt files of my scan and see if my pc has completely removed all possible threats.

Addition.txt FRST.txt FSS.txt SecurityCheck.txt

• Root Admin

Hello @claincleric

Please run the following

Please download and run the following Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2020 and save it to your Desktop.

(Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool version 20.0.10.0 was released on November 9, 2021)

Download: Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool

https://devbuilds.s.kaspersky-labs.com/devbuilds/KVRT/latest/full/KVRT.exe

How to run a scan with Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2020
https://support.kaspersky.com/15674

How to run Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2020 in the advanced mode
https://support.kaspersky.com/15680

How to restore a file removed during Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2020 scan
https://support.kaspersky.com/15681

Select the  image.png  Windows Key and R Key together, the "Run" box should open.

user posted image

Drag and Drop KVRT.exe into the Run Box.

user posted image

C:\Users\{your user name}\DESKTOP\KVRT.exe will now show in the run box.

image.png

add -dontencrypt   Note the space between KVRT.exe and -dontencrypt

C:\Users\{your user name}\DESKTOP\KVRT.exe -dontencrypt should now show in the Run box.

image.png

That addendum to the run command is very important, when the scan does eventually complete the resultant report is normally encrypted, with the extra command it is saved as a readable file.

Reports are saved here C:\KVRT2020_Data\Reports and look similar to this report_20210123_113021.klr
Right-click direct onto that report, select > open with > Notepad. Save that file and attach it to your reply.

To start the scan select OK in the "Run" box.

A EULA window will open, tick all confirmation boxes then select "Accept"

image.png

In the new window select "Change Parameters"

image.png

In the new window ensure all selection boxes are ticked, then select "OK" The scan should now start...

user posted image

When complete if entries are found there will be options, if "Cure" is offered leave as is. For any other options change to "Delete" then select "Continue"

user posted image

When complete, or if nothing was found select "Close"

image.png

Attach the report information as previously instructed...

Thank you

Thanks, I already did once before creating this post, but I did another one after following the whole step and getting the report. I got several files from the folder you mentioned, but 2 of them has content with funny words that is not readable. I attach all files necessary for your reference.

Kaspersky result .png

report_2024.04.11_09.05.06.klr.enc1 (2).txt report_2024.04.11_09.05.06.klr.enc1.txt Report 2 April 11.txt

• Root Admin

The first logs are encrypted because you were probably not aware you needed to use the switch to not encrypt.

No infection found.

Please run the following scanner and I'll check back on you tomorrow. It's late for me.

Let's go ahead and run a couple of scans and get some updated logs from your system. Please read the entire post below before starting so that you're more familiar with the process

[ 1 ]

Please make the following system changes.

• Temporarily disable your antivirus real-time protection or other security software first only if it blocks or interferes with the scans or downloads.. Make sure to turn it back on once the scans are completed.
  • Temporarily disable Microsoft SmartScreen to download software below only if needed. Make sure to turn it back on once the scans are completed.
  • Disable-Fast-Startup
  • Show-Hidden-Folders-Files-Extensions

[ 2 ]

I suggest a new scan for viruses & other malware. This may take several hours, depending on the number of files on the system and the speed of the computer.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free Microsoft stand-alone virus scanner that can be used to scan for & remove malware or potentially unwanted software from a system. 

The download links & the how-to-run-the tool are at this link at Microsoft 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/intelligence/safety-scanner-download

Look on the Scan Options & select the FULL scan.

Then start the scan. Have lots of patience. It may take several hours.

• Once you see it has started, take a long long break;  walk away.  Do not pay credence if you see some intermediate early flash messages on the screen display.  The only things that count are the End result at the end of the run.
  • The scan will take several hours.  Leave it alone. It will remove any other remaining threats as it goes along.  Take a very long break, do your normal personal errands .....just do not use the computer during this scan.

This is likely to run for many hours as previously mentioned  ( depending on the number of files on your machine & the speed of the hardware.)

The log is named MSERT.log  and the log will be at C:\Windows\debug\msert.log

Please attach that log with your next reply.

It is normal for the Microsoft Safety Scanner to show detections during the scan process.

It is scanning for basically all bread crumbs or traces of files and registry entries that "might" be or have been part of some infection or previous infection.

That DOES NOT mean the computer is infected. Once the scan has been completed it uploads the log to their Cloud service which then uses Artificial Intelligence to determine if in fact any of the traces are an infection or not.

Then it writes into the log on your computer what it found.

Thank you

• Root Admin

Thank you for the log. Please get me the following set of logs

To begin, please do the following so that we may take a closer look at your installation for troubleshooting:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained are safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file
  • In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation
  • Run the MBST Support Tool
  • In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced
  • In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to the Public desktop, please upload that file on your next reply

Thank you

I see, thanks for the explanation.

I want to ask one more thing: in my desktop, I have several google chrome profiles. If I sync my Google Chrome, will it reset all those profiles or will it only reset the Chrome profiles that I sync? I'm planning to sync the google chrome that I use to download the potential suspicious file only but if this process resets all chrome bookmarks, extensions, and password of all of my chrome profiles, that might be a bit problematic on my end.

• Root Admin

I'm not really sure myself. I don't use Google Chrome and certainly don't sync ANY browser period. It makes things easy but you run into issues like this all the time where you end up fighting clean up and infecting other devices with junk and unwanted objects.

You might be able to search online to see what the expected behavior is.