How come no one is answering me?

Guest toomanyviruses

Guest toomanyviruses

I just downloaded Malwarebytes on my computer to get rid of Antivirus Plus. I did a full scan and got 103 infections! I clicked remove all but it a box came up and said something like "You need these files and if you delete them (the old version) they will be replaced or something. Then it said to put in the Windows XP CDROM." I have no idea what they are talking about! Please I need help...Heres some more information about my computer...

Its pretty old and slow

ALOT of viruses hit before (and I think they are still there)

Viruses like SECURITY TOOL, ANTIVIRUS PLUS, ANTIVIRUS PRO

How do I get rid of the viruses??? :D

Hello, and welcome to Malwarebytes.org

We don't work on Malware removal in the general forums.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

Guest toomanyviruses

I just downloaded Malwarebytes on my computer to get rid of Antivirus Plus. I did a full scan and got 103 infections! I clicked remove all but it a box came up and said something like "You need these files and if you delete them (the old version) they will be replaced or something. Then it said to put in the Windows XP CDROM." I have no idea what they are talking about! Please I need help...Heres some more information about my computer...

Its pretty old and slow

How do I get rid of the viruses??? sad.gif :D

Guest toomanyviruses

Its pretty old and slow

How do I get rid of the viruses???

Guest toomanyviruses

I just did another scan and now the infections are smaller, I still get the error and the virus is still there. What do I do?

Its pretty old and slow

Guest toomanyviruses

I just did another scan and now the infections are smaller, I still get the error and the virus is still there. What do I do?

I need the computer to work by tomorrow for my work!

Its pretty old and slow

Guest toomanyviruses

Its pretty old and slow

Guest toomanyviruses

Its pretty old and slow

Guest toomanyviruses

Its pretty old and slow

Guest toomanyviruses

Its pretty old and slow

Guest toomanyviruses

:D I really need someones help. I dont know what to post on here! Here is my problem

Its pretty old and slow

• Root Admin

Well first off you should STOP posting all over the board. Slow down and read a little bit so that we can help you.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someon has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

I would like to emphasis two things here:

1. When it comes to malware removal, you will get much faster support on our helpdesk than on our forum.
  2. We help all users for free on the helpdesk. Paid users, free users, it does not matter. All of them are important to us, and all of them get the same level of support.

Please, send an e-mail to our helpdesk at support@malwarebytes.org and we will do everything we can to help you resolve this issue. You do not need to wait for support on the forums.

Now please bear in mind that we do not answer immediately on the helpdesk either. When it comes to malware removal the wait time on the helpdesk can be anywhere from one hour to 8 hours (depending on how busy we are, and how many of us are working tickets at that time), but on the forums that wait time is often more than two days, and that is far too long for a paying customer to wait.

The reason for the difference in wait times is that on the forums the time put in to help users is mostly volunteer time (even among our own employees), whereas on the helpdesk we are paid specifically to answer support requests from users there and thus most of our working time is spent there.

Guest toomanyviruses

Ok thanks. I stopped. When I downloaded Malware, I didn't check the

* Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

* Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

is that ok?

Well first off you should STOP posting all over the board. Slow down and read a little bit so that we can help you.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someon has replied to your post.

Guest toomanyviruses

Thanks!

I would like to emphasis two things here:

1. When it comes to malware removal, you will get much faster support on our helpdesk than on our forum.
  2. We help all users for free on the helpdesk. Paid users, free users, it does not matter. All of them are important to us, and all of them get the same level of support.

Please, send an e-mail to our helpdesk at support@malwarebytes.org and we will do everything we can to help you resolve this issue. You do not need to wait for support on the forums.

Now please bear in mind that we do not answer immediately on the helpdesk either. When it comes to malware removal the wait time on the helpdesk can be anywhere from one hour to 8 hours (depending on how busy we are, and how many of us are working tickets at that time), but on the forums that wait time is often more than two days, and that is far too long for a paying customer to wait.

The reason for the difference in wait times is that on the forums the time put in to help users is mostly volunteer time (even among our own employees), whereas on the helpdesk we are paid specifically to answer support requests from users there and thus most of our working time is spent there.

Guest toomanyviruses

How do I update it? Is it free?

Another thing, how do I delete a question that I posted on the board?

It is OK as long as you made sure to update manually before running a scan.

How do I update it? Is it free?

Open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, click on the 'Update' tab, click the button that says "Check for Updates".

Updates are always free. :)

Another thing, how do I delete a question that I posted on the board?

Find a moderator or and administrator, click on their name, and click on "Send Message". Send a message with a link to the post you want deleted.

Guest toomanyviruses

Thanks soo much!

Open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, click on the 'Update' tab, click the button that says "Check for Updates".

Updates are always free. :)

Find a moderator or and administrator, click on their name, and click on "Send Message". Send a message with a link to the post you want deleted.