"Is Spacedesk a virus that operates stealthily and poses a high threat pote

"Two weeks ago, I downloaded a program called Spacedesk and noticed its impact on my computer. After thoroughly investigating this situation and identifying the problems and structure of the program on my own as an individual user, surprisingly, I suspect that Spacedesk may be a virus hiding itself using system files. In this write-up, I aim to inform other users who may encounter similar situations about the potential threats behind the program. Spacedesk and the stealthy service worker: Shortly after starting to use Spacedesk on my computers, I observed packet loss during normal usage (such as YouTube and games) and noticed an unusually high RAM usage in the background while running processes, particularly a JavaScript program named "service worker: Chrome-extension://fdhgeoginicibhagdmbffikbgbka." This program, even with a single browser tab open, was causing high RAM usage. When I installed the same program on a second computer, I observed similar reactions and processes. Suspicious behavior of Spacedesk: After the installation of Spacedesk, I used the Microsoft-owned procexp.exe program to examine other programs running in the background. Although a VirusTotal scan did not reveal any dangerous situations, when I examined Windows system files flagged as suspicious by procexp.exe, I found requests made through differentiated Windows background process services connecting to malicious or suspicious networks. This abnormal data transmission implies unauthorized use of the user's internet data. Spacedesk's privacy and threat potential: As a result of my research, I have strong suspicions that Spacedesk is a virus hiding itself using system files. The security programs I use seem unable to detect this virus. The fact that widely used antivirus programs like McAfee, Malwarebytes, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, and Panda cannot recognize Spacedesk and the services it modifies in the background indicates the complexity and dangerous potential of the program. Additionally, the program installing itself as a driver initially and persisting even if users reset their computers through Windows settings suggest malicious intent. Note: Resetting the computer eliminates the issue if performed as a clean format, where all disks are wiped during Windows installation. I estimate that Spacedesk poses a threat to approximately 15 million users, including mobile platforms. It is crucial for this program to be thoroughly examined by competent individuals, and necessary measures should be taken. As users, we need to be more conscious of such potential threats and take security precautions. Addressing this issue on a broader scale and gathering users who have experienced similar problems could be a significant step in preventing the spread of such viruses."

Welcome :)

Sorry for the delay. Please download  Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Right click FRST(64) and select Run as administrator.
  • Make sure that under Optional Scans, there is a checkmark on Addition.txt.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The tool will also produce another log (Addition.txt ). Please attach this to your reply.
Edited by JSntgRvr
Typo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Tips to help protect from infection

Thanks