NOD32 with Malwarebytes

Hi All,

Newbie to MWB.

I run NOD32 - very happy with it. I also have MWB Free as an occasional scan 'back-up'. So, questions:

1) Is there really any need to run the full, paid for, MWB in real time, especially as I don't tend to surf dangerously and I always verify / scan apps before running or installing them.

2) Is it, in any case, a good idea to run both? Any conflicts / issues from people here that have tried it or do run both?

Thanks!

Greetings and welcome JeremyWW :)

I run NOD32 - very happy with it.
One of my favorite antivirus softwares :) .
1) Is there really any need to run the full, paid for, MWB in real time, especially as I don't tend to surf dangerously and I always verify / scan apps before running or installing them?
Absolutely, specifically because it's impossible for any single security vendor or group of researchers to be able to accurately detect every new threat out there on the web every day and even though you surf safely, there is still a huge risk of legitimate web sites being hacked by malware makers to infect unsuspecting users, something that has been happening for years, but has taken a massive jump lately. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is specifically designed to catch the latest threats that most antivirus vendors either don't detect, don't remove properly, or both. The Malwarebytes' researchers focus on the latest and nasties malware out there and specifically target it in order to fill in the gap that other security vendors leave unchecked.

There are several additional advantages to the Paid version of MBAM, such as the new IP Protection feature that blocks known bad IP addresses from connecting to your computer, either by accidental clicks, ads, or from even being accessed by software on your system (for example, if a new unknown trojan made it onto your system and was trying to contact a malicious IP to upload data or download other malware components).

2) Is it, in any case, a good idea to run both? Any conflicts / issues from people here that have tried it or do run both?
I know of several users that do and have no issues with it. The only time I've seen any NOD32 related issues were with ESET Smart Security version 3, but their latest version 4 appears to have no problems whatsoever.

All that being said, it is generally a good idea to avoid any potential future issues with Malwarebytes' and other security softwares by excluding the following files from both your antivirus and firewall as it has solved the majority of conflicts/slowdowns etc that I've ever seen with any antivirus or firewall software:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Sorry if that was information overload, I just like to be thorough :) .

If you need anything else or have any more questions just post.

Greetings and welcome JeremyWW :)

One of my favorite antivirus softwares :) .

Absolutely, specifically because it's impossible for any single security vendor or group of researchers to be able to accurately detect every new threat out there on the web every day and even though you surf safely, there is still a huge risk of legitimate web sites being hacked by malware makers to infect unsuspecting users, something that has been happening for years, but has taken a massive jump lately. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is specifically designed to catch the latest threats that most antivirus vendors either don't detect, don't remove properly, or both. The Malwarebytes' researchers focus on the latest and nasties malware out there and specifically target it in order to fill in the gap that other security vendors leave unchecked.

There are several additional advantages to the Paid version of MBAM, such as the new IP Protection feature that blocks known bad IP addresses from connecting to your computer, either by accidental clicks, ads, or from even being accessed by software on your system (for example, if a new unknown trojan made it onto your system and was trying to contact a malicious IP to upload data or download other malware components).

I know of several users that do and have no issues with it. The only time I've seen any NOD32 related issues were with ESET Smart Security version 3, but their latest version 4 appears to have no problems whatsoever.

All that being said, it is generally a good idea to avoid any potential future issues with Malwarebytes' and other security softwares by excluding the following files from both your antivirus and firewall as it has solved the majority of conflicts/slowdowns etc that I've ever seen with any antivirus or firewall software:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Sorry if that was information overload, I just like to be thorough :) .

If you need anything else or have any more questions just post.

Thanks! Very informative. Can I trial the paid for version?

You're very welcome :) .

Can I trial the paid for version?
Unfortunately there is no trial for the Paid version at the moment, however, if you were to purchase it and were not satisfied with it I'm pretty sure that Malwarebytes' would offer you a full refund. If you would like you may contact one of the forum Moderators and ask them about it and they can fill you in :) . If you'd like you can ask them, and also give them a link to this thread so they can also address any other related concerns or go over any of the finer points I may have missed.

You're very welcome :) .

Unfortunately there is no trial for the Paid version at the moment, however, if you were to purchase it and were not satisfied with it I'm pretty sure that Malwarebytes' would offer you a full refund. If you would like you may contact one of the forum Moderators and ask them about it and they can fill you in :) . If you'd like you can ask them, and also give them a link to this thread so they can also address any other related concerns or go over any of the finer points I may have missed.

Thanks. I sent a PM to GT500.