Cannot install Malwarebytes!!! (virus apparently)

logoz
Go to solution Solved by AdvancedSetup,

Hi, 

I can download malwarebytes, but it closes itself after some time and it never finishes installation!!

i tried also the  Farbar Recovery Scan Tool  and  i could run it just once after i renamed the run file!!  !!! it doesnt run any more !! it closes also by itself after some time! the same does the malwarebytes support tool!!!

Anyway i think i have the files you need from the first time i managed to run farbar!!!!!!

Here they are 

Tanks 

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Addition.txt FRST.txt

Hi

Welcome smile.png

I'll be helping you with your computer.

Please read this post completely before beginning. If there's anything that you do not understand, please don't hesitate to ask before proceeding.

Please take note of the guidelines for this fix:

• Please note that I am a volunteer. I do have a family, a career, and other endeavors that may prevent immediate responses that meet your schedule. Do note that the differences in time zones could present a problem as well. Your patience and understanding will be greatly appreciated.
  • First of all, the procedures we are about to perform are specific to your problem and should only be used on this specific computer.
  • Do not make any changes to your computer that include installing/uninstalling programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, nor running scanners or tools of any kind unless specifically requested by me.
  • Please read ALL instructions carefully and perform the steps fully and in the order they are written.
  • If things appear to be better, let me know. Just because the symptoms no longer exist as before, does not mean that you are clean.
  • Continue to read and follow my instructions until I tell you that your machine is clean.
  • If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to ask before performing the task that I ask of you, and please wait for my reply before you proceed.
  • Scanning with programs and reading the logs do take a fair amount of time. Again, your patience will be necessary. smile.png

Let's begin... smile.png

• Download the enclosed file  Fixlist.txt
  • Save it in the same location FRST64.exe is saved. (C:\Users\logoz\Downloads)
  • Start FRST (FRST64) with Administrator privileges (C:\Users\logoz\Downloads\logo23.exe)
  • This time around Press the Fix button and wait
  • When finished, a log file (Fixlog.txt) will pop up and saved in the same location the tool was ran from.
  • You can rename FRST64.exe to its original name

Please attach this file in your next reply.

Download AdwCleaner and save it to your desktop.

• Double click AdwCleaner.exe to run it.

When AdwCleaner starts, on the left side of the window, click on “Settings” and then enable these repair actions on that tab-window
by clicking their button to the far-right for ON status

• Delete IFEO keys
  • Delete tracing keys
  • Delete Prefetch files
  • Reset Proxy
  • Reset IE Policies
  • Reset Chrome policies
  • Reset Winsock
  • Reset HOSTS file
  • Click Scan Now ...
  • When the scan has finished a Scan Results window will open.
  • Click Cancel (at this point do not attempt to Quarantine anything that is found)
  • Now click the Log Files tab ...
  • Double click on the latest scan log (Scan logs have a [S0*] suffix, where * is replaced by a number, the latest scan will have the largest number)
  • A Notepad file will open containing the results of the scan.

Please attach the file in your next reply.

Edited by JSntgRvr
  • Thanks 1

Hi, 

I had already managed to run and register Malwarebytes!

I run Microsoft Defender  in Safe mode and then managed to install run and register Malwarebytes!

Then I did all whgat you said!!!!

Everything seems to be clean!!!

Here are the results you requested!!

I am waiting for your answer!!! 

I am gratefull!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

Fixlog.txt AdwCleaner[S01].txt

10 hours ago, JSntgRvr said:

Hi

Welcome smile.png

I'll be helping you with your computer.

Please read this post completely before beginning. If there's anything that you do not understand, please don't hesitate to ask before proceeding.

Please take note of the guidelines for this fix:

• Please note that I am a volunteer. I do have a family, a career, and other endeavors that may prevent immediate responses that meet your schedule. Do note that the differences in time zones could present a problem as well. Your patience and understanding will be greatly appreciated.
  • First of all, the procedures we are about to perform are specific to your problem and should only be used on this specific computer.
  • Do not make any changes to your computer that include installing/uninstalling programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, nor running scanners or tools of any kind unless specifically requested by me.
  • Please read ALL instructions carefully and perform the steps fully and in the order they are written.
  • If things appear to be better, let me know. Just because the symptoms no longer exist as before, does not mean that you are clean.
  • Continue to read and follow my instructions until I tell you that your machine is clean.
  • If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to ask before performing the task that I ask of you, and please wait for my reply before you proceed.
  • Scanning with programs and reading the logs do take a fair amount of time. Again, your patience will be necessary. smile.png

Let's begin... smile.png

• Download the enclosed file  Fixlist.txt
  • Start FRST (FRST64) with Administrator privileges (C:\Users\logoz\Downloads\logo23.exe)
  • When finished, a log file (Fixlog.txt) will pop up and saved in the same location the tool was ran from.

Download AdwCleaner and save it to your desktop.

• Double click AdwCleaner.exe to run it.

When AdwCleaner starts, on the left side of the window, click on “Settings” and then enable these repair actions on that tab-window
by clicking their button to the far-right for ON status

• Delete IFEO keys
  • Delete tracing keys
  • Delete Prefetch files
  • Reset Proxy
  • Reset IE Policies
  • Reset Chrome policies
  • Reset Winsock
  • Reset HOSTS file
  • Click Scan Now ...
  • When the scan has finished a Scan Results window will open.
  • Click Cancel (at this point do not attempt to Quarantine anything that is found)
  • Now click the Log Files tab ...
  • Double click on the latest scan log (Scan logs have a [S0*] suffix, where * is replaced by a number, the latest scan will have the largest number)
  • A Notepad file will open containing the results of the scan.

Please attach the file in your next reply.

Hi, 

I had already managed to run and register Malwarebytes!

I run Microsoft Defender  in Safe mode and then managed to install run and register Malwarebytes!

Then I did all whgat you said!!!!

Everything seems to be clean!!!

Here are the results you requested!!

I am waiting for your answer!!! 

I am gratefull!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

AdwCleaner[S01].txt Fixlog.txt

• 1️⃣Download the enclosed file  Fixlist.txt

2️⃣Open a command prompt as an Administrator.

At the command prompt type the following and press Enter.

CHKDSK C: /R

Schedule CHKDSK to run at startup. Restart the computer. Let CHKDSK run at startup.

3️⃣Upon completion, restart the computer.

• Download ListChkdskResult.exe by SleepyDude and save it on your desktop.
  • Right Click ListChkdskResult.exe and click Run as administrator. On completion the tool will save a text file called ListChkdskResult.txt on your desktop.

Attach this text file to your next reply.

4️⃣Uninstall and reinstall Malwarebytes using the Malwarebytes Support Tool. For instructions see here.

Let me know the outcome on this.

Edited by JSntgRvr

3 hours ago, JSntgRvr said:

Schedule CHKDSK to run at startup. Restart the computer. Let CHKDSK run at startup.

• Right Click ListChkdskResult.exe and click Run as administrator. On completion the tool will save a text file called ListChkdskResult.txt on your desktop.

4️⃣Uninstall and reinstall Malwarebytes using the Malwarebytes Support Tool. For instructions see here.

Hi, the Fixlist.txt file is not available for download!!! Please check!!!

THANKS!!!

8 hours ago, JSntgRvr said:

There the results!!!!

ListChkdskResult.txt Fixlog.txt

Edited by JSntgRvr

5 hours ago, JSntgRvr said:

Here you are!!!

Shall I try installing MAlwarebytes???

All this is being done in normal Windows mode!!! (not safety Mode!!)

THXFixlog.txt

PowerShell does not find the Malwarebytes folder.

Uninstall and reinstall Malwarebytes using the Malwarebytes Support Tool. For instructions see below.

Uninstall and reinstall Malwarebytes using the Malwarebytes Support Tool – Malwarebytes Support

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Corrected font issue

Download AVZ

AVZ is a free tool for scanning your computer and running a script that quarantines or deletes files that are considered suspicious. You can download latest versions of Kaspersky applications for home from this page.  DownloadAVZ computer scanning tool (kaspersky.com)

1. Download the zipped folder and extract its contents to its own folder.
  2. Once extracted right click on the avz5rn.exe and run as an Administrator.
  3. Select File from the menu and update the database.
  4. Once done, click on Start.
  5. When completed save the log and attach it to a reply.
Edited by AdvancedSetup
Corrected font issue

• Root Admin

Pardon the intrusion. The following may be easier to understand for doing a Clean Removal

Can you please do the following?

• Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file
  • In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation
  • Run the MBST Support Tool
  • In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced
  • In the Advanced Options, click the CLEAN button and follow the onscreen instructions to reinstall Malwarebytes
  • NOTE: Please have patience as it can take a while to remove and reinstall.
  • Please RESTART the computer after the reinstall has completed

After the restart please do the following

• In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your public desktop, please upload that file on your next reply

Thank you

1 hour ago, JSntgRvr said:

Download AVZ

AVZ is a free tool for scanning your computer and running a script that quarantines or deletes files that are considered suspicious. You can download latest versions of Kaspersky applications for home from this page.  DownloadAVZ computer scanning tool (kaspersky.com)

1. Download the zipped folder and extract its contents to its own folder.
  2. Once extracted right click on the avz5rn.exe and run as an Administrator.
  3. Select File from the menu and update the database.
  4. Once done, click on Start.
  5. When completed save the log and attach it to a reply.

avz_log.txt

Sandor and I believe there is a Block Miner.

Downloads AVbr.zip from here. Save it and extract its contents to its own folder. Once extracted, open the folder and  right click on the AVbr.exe file. Allow it to run as an Administrator. Click OK on the pop window and put a checkmark on the C: drive. Allow it to scan.

The computer will re-start. A log will be saved in the AVbr folder -> AV_block_remover  sub-folder labeled AV_block_remove_Date-Time.txt. Attach that report on your reply.;

Edited by JSntgRvr
Typo

1 hour ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Pardon the intrusion. The following may be easier to understand for doing a Clean Removal

Can you please do the following?

• Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file
  • In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation
  • In the Advanced Options, click the CLEAN button and follow the onscreen instructions to reinstall Malwarebytes
  • NOTE: Please have patience as it can take a while to remove and reinstall.
  • Please RESTART the computer after the reinstall has completed

After the restart please do the following

• In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your public desktop, please upload that file on your next reply

Thank you

mbst-grab-results.zip

17 minutes ago, JSntgRvr said:

Downloads AVbr.zip from here. Save it and extract its contents to its own folder. Once extracted, open the folder and  right click on the AVbr.exe file. Allow it to run as an Administrator. Click OK on the pop window and put a checkmark on the C: drive. Allow it to scan.

The computer will re-start. A log will be saved in the AVbr folder -> AV_block_remover  sub-folder labeled AV_block_remove_Date-Time.txt. Attach that report on your reply.;

AV_block_remove_2023.10.26-21.28.log

Edited by JSntgRvr
Typo

8 minutes ago, JSntgRvr said:

Fixlog.txt

40 minutes ago, JSntgRvr said:

After I did all this, I can see the folder c:\program files\malwarebytes and everything in it!!!!

The last time I had managed to reinstall Malwarebytes , after manually searching the registry and deleting all the "Malwabytes" entries and restarting!