POP UP AD

OK. Technically, you are correct. From a customer experience point of view it is a pop up reminder that MB is doing something. It is something that creates an impression or reminder of MB. So while not an ad in the sense it's trying to entice me to buy something it is a marketing technique to remind me of the company MB. Like product placement in a movie. Not direct advertising but it is something that reinforces brand awareness. In this case unsolicited.

I am already aware of my status and how protected I am. I configured it. I can look at a change log if I am intersted in changes. I elected not to care about backgrounds. From, my perspective it was an unwanted and unnecessary intrusion. It was unsolicited. Perhaps others welcome such notices. Don't care. Put an option in program that asks if the user wants to be notified of something. Then I can uncheck it and go about my business. Not have to stop my workflow and deal with a pop up. I want this program to operate quietly only notifying me of something potentially harmful and requiring a decision or an action on my part.