Yet another pissed off customer!

My phone was dead this morning..once I charged it, I found two SMS messages from my service provider informing me I had violated their Fair Use terms and that my account is now limited!

After chasing down their support and spending a long time going into this, we found that the Malwarebytes app had used 101 GBs of data last night.

I contacted Malwarebytes support via email today, but no response since..did a search just now and found the multiple posts on here regarding the same issue.

First, this is totally unacceptable.. we're paying you guys to protect our devices from attack and unapproved use by third parties and then your app goes and does just that!

Saying it's due to a corrupted database update doesn't cut it..are you supposed to be checking these files before you release them to the public? This issue shouldn't have been possible in the first place.  I'm paying for my phone to be protected..not to be messed with and end up costing me money!

I'm guessing this post will end up locked like all the rest, but I just wanted to post publicly how pissed off I am over this. I now have zero confidence in your app after this..it has cost me both time and money!!! 😡

• Sad 1

By the way..one more thing..this is not the first time this has happened..or so I just found out!

Back in April of 2013 the same issue..or one very similar.. occurred..

https://www.malwarebytes.com/blog/news/2013/04/yesterdays-database-update-issue

How can this happen again if all the promised actions mentioned in the post were put in place? 🤔