Malwarebytes Locks Up Edge

bobspicks
Go to solution Solved by Porthos,

I've recently noticed that some webpages lock up Edge making it impossible to do anything.  The length of the lockup has been variable depending on the page and has mostly been an irritant, but today I had a webpage lock up for 8 minutes.

After some experimentation I disabled the Malwarebytes Browser Guard extension in Edge and the webpage loaded very quickly.  I tried going back and forth three times with the same results.

I've also recently started getting pop-ups for some pages that indicate "Malware blocked", but I'm still able to safely view the page.  This is good, but I'm wondering if the above problems are caused by a recent update.

I'm running Windows 10 and Edge 112.0.1722.58.  I don't know the version of Malwarebytes Browser Guard that I'm using, which was installed when I bought the computer.

• Solution
15 minutes ago, bobspicks said:

After some experimentation I disabled the Malwarebytes Browser Guard extension in Edge and the webpage loaded very quickly.  I tried going back and forth three times with the same results.

Please turn it back on again and do the following to reset it.

Doing a factory reset of Browser Guard has been reported to resolve the issue.

To do so:

• Open Browser Guard 
  • On the top right, click the 3 vertical dots
  • Click "Support"
  • Click "Factory Reset"

image.png.aeb5865a224cf79b3461829cf4700ef3.png

Edited by Porthos