several instances of malware over the years

caroljankins

My computer has accumulated several instances of malware over the years, including an unfortunate download of a fraudulent anti-virus browser that caused redirects while using Google. I remedied the situation by running a scan with Malwarebytes, which detected and quarantined around 90 viruses and Trojans. After marking the threats for deletion and restarting the computer, I encountered an issue where the monitor showed a "no signal" error. Despite attempting various troubleshooting methods, the error persisted and resulted in an "Inaccessible Boot System" message upon startup. I tried using three different boot methods and a pre-boot diagnostic test, but it indicated that no hard drive was connected. Upon examining the physical components, everything appeared to be in working order. I am unable to progress past the pre-boot screen and seek assistance.

• Root Admin

Good day @caroljankins

I would suggest that you fully unplug the cables from the hard drive and then reinstall them. Then do the same thing and remove the data cable on the motherboard side and then plug it back in.

See if that helps.

If not then try removing all external peripherals and removing RAM and re-seat the RAM

If none of those items help and the hard drive still does not show in your BIOS/UEFI screen then if you have another drive to test the swap out the current drive for the other one and see if it shows.

It's possible the hard drive has simply failed