Version 0.72

I also had looping in update from db 200 to db 200.

This occured after I installed the v.0.72 update.

In program files under Compatibility I had MBAM set to run as admin in Privilage Level.

I got an error in Vista about the Privilage Level after the install of v.0.72 update.

I unchecked MBAM to run as admin in Privilage Level and rechecked run as admin in Privilage Level and had no prblems afterwords.

Interesting, error 711 would imply a corrupt database. Can you uninstall MBAM, delete it's folder, restart and reinstall it. Are you running UAC enabled by any chance?

Sorry for the delay, I've been away for a few days.

Stupid error on my part, when I deleted 0.70 and installed 0.72 I didn't look at the "Run as Admin" option. Sure enough, it wasn't selected. MBAM is now running correctly without a further uninstall / reinstall.

This may not be applicable to this topic, but I got a question. My father's laptop was having issues, and one of the things I thought it might be related to was a very old (and not updated) install of McAfee Suite - I got rid of it and have since installed other AS / AM / AV programs, but the problem exists - IE cannot find any sites, all it does is sit there and show connecting... all the time.

Does MBAM use IE components to download updates? The MBAM install on that laptop will not connect to malwarebytres.org - but another install on another computer has no problem....

@HH - if you've been following my thread at CoU then I may not get this computer back up and running at all....I may get it from a re-install, but not 'back up and running'.