Symantec EndPoint Protection

ksmale43

Just installed Symantec End Point Protection (Version 11.0.4000.2295) on my PC (Yes, this version includes symantec network threat protection ) and now Malwarebytes ( Version 1.41 with database version 3037 ) reports these two registry keys ( One for Anti Virus and one for Firewall ) as suspicious:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center|Bad: (1) Good: (0)

I clicked on my security center icon in control panel and noticed that the windows icons for Firewall and Virus Protection say that Symantec End Point protection is on. I assume that this is something that Symantec changed in the registry to take over those two functions from Windows?

You are correct :) . Norton as well as many other antivirus/internet security products disable the built in Windows Security Center monitoring because they monitor themselves. That being the case, you can safely click on each entry individually at the end of a scan with Malwarebytes' and click the Ignore button so that they won't be detected again.

If you have any further issues just post.