google.com websites blocked by malwarebytes

syncronaut
Go to solution Solved by Dashke,

7 minutes ago, ChrisM51 said:

Same problem with Google URLs. Too many to keep adding to exclusion list. Please get this fixed. Had to turn off Malwarebytes.

Thanks! I told her to try that, at least until this is fixed. I wonder if Malwarebytes was hacked (embarrassing) or if they're doing this maliciously for some reason, seems odd that everything with Google is blocked.

I get this when I visit malwarebytes.com

503 ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

The Lambda function associated with the CloudFront distribution was throttled. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: TjPIm_5lbLZhR-lgQ77l_pScYZ6zKbTiEXckwupwYecIca5oYeuChw==
  • Like 1

Right now my MB real-time protection is going insane. When I start Chrome I'm getting a steady stream of RTP Detection pop-ups saying "Website blocked due to malware" from Outbound connections. Looks like almost all of them are in the google.com domain. (e.g. docs.google.com, accounts.google.com, www.google.com, clients.l.google.com).

I've checked my System32/drivers/etc/hosts file and it doesn't look like it's been tampered with. I've also done a full MB scan with nothing detected. Also a full hitmanpro scan. Nothing detected. 

Please help as I can't access any Google services from this computer until I get this resolved.

Thanks!

--Ian

• Staff

Hello-

“We are aware of a temporary issue with the web filtering component of our product that may be blocking certain domains, including google.com. We are actively working on a fix and will update Twitter as soon as we have more information.As a workaround, you can temporarily disable web protection by following the steps below:
·  Open Malwarebytes
·  In the Real Time Protection card on the lower right, toggle off Web Protection"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, killertunes said:

I get this when I visit malwarebytes.com

503 ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

The Lambda function associated with the CloudFront distribution was throttled. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: TjPIm_5lbLZhR-lgQ77l_pScYZ6zKbTiEXckwupwYecIca5oYeuChw==

Same, tried excluding google domain from protection, but then it crapped out

• Like 2

Hi, I've got similar problem: Malwarebytes blocking-prompts on almost every website I visit. Even opening Thunderbird gives rise to blocking. Most of the time I see mentioning google.com and Port 80. Scanning my pc with HitmanPro.Alert is also bringing about a blocking-prompt from Malwarebytes.

In all cases the visited websites are visible though, nothing is really blocked. It happens in Thunderbird, Firefox and Opera. It does not seem happen in Chrome and Vivaldi.

It really looks like Malwarebytes is psychotic.

Please stop this really annoying prompts, it's making me crazy.

malwarebytes crazy.JPG

• Staff
30 minutes ago, logo1992 said:

When even going to you tube I get bombarded with notifications that RTP detection and that it blocked the website.

20220921_110211.jpg

Hello-

“We are aware of a temporary issue with the web filtering component of our product that may be blocking certain domains, including google.com. We are actively working on a fix and will update Twitter as soon as we have more information.As a workaround, you can temporarily disable web protection by following the steps below:
·  Open Malwarebytes
·  In the Real Time Protection card on the lower right, toggle off Web Protection"