check for updates ... endless

FetzBox22

check for updates in the about tab results in:

image.png.a4491417b78a2972b8cb7c226e9d8a20.png

for an endless time... (i waited a few minutes)

Update: the same occurs when "check for updates" is used in the General section - application updates.

when closing Malwarebytes with the "X" and reopen it, doing a scan, "checking for updates" is immediately done

image.png.5b7009c6cb8eafed0bfa9e588eefefd8.png

(I did already quit Malwarebytes and restart ...)

"checking for updates" before a Threat Scan works the way it should work, if there is no update available.

Edited by FetzBox22
update
  • Thanks 1

• FetzBox22 changed the title to check for updates ... endless

I will give my feedback on this as well. I have been currently testing malwarebytes 5 since invited. Although I don’t have the endless cycle as described by fretz. One day in particular I didn’t get updates for the entire day but this has since been resolved and appeared to be just a “FLUKE”.

Right now, everything works fine with the update process.

15 hours ago, brad03 said:

I will give my feedback on this as well. I have been currently testing malwarebytes 5 since invited. Although I don’t have the endless cycle as described by fretz. One day in particular I didn’t get updates for the entire day but this has since been resolved and appeared to be just a “FLUKE”.

Every now and then I noticed that Malwarebytes didn´t get any updates for a half day.

Edited by FetzBox22
update text

On 9/17/2022 at 11:11 AM, FetzBox22 said:

Right now, everything works fine with the update process.

Every now and then I noticed that Malwarebytes didn´t get any updates for a half day.

last update was yesterday ...

image.png.499653d60e5c2376c15ee8c82d567858.png

(since this is a beta test, i look a little bit closer what Malwarebytes is doing - maybe this is/or has been the same for Malwarebytes 4.x and i never cared about it)