47 detections, Riskware.Injector.Generic I quarantined and deleted.

starrynight

Never have I ever gotten so many detections then as of today, only to find out later by checking this forum that they are fp's, unfortunately because I jumped the gun and quarantined then deleted out of fear, what does this mean for my computer? Did I just  accidentally delete legit microsoft files?, if so what do I do now? I had to create an account here just to post this because this has never happen.

there are no entries to restore as I deleted them from quarantine, I didn't think to hold onto them as I thought they were bad, How was I suppose to know they were safe, I panicked, I only realized later after checking my second computer that it detected the same fp's so that's why I came to this forum. How do i repair the unintentional damage from these fp's?

• Staff

Quarantine should never be deleted immediatly. Best to keep it for a few days at least so if its a fp it can be restored. Anything in quarantine is encrypted and cant possibly run anymore. 

We would need to see the scan log showing the detections so see what damage may need to be repaired if any. 

Edited by shadowwar

18 minutes ago, shadowwar said:

Quarantine should never be deleted immediatly. Best to keep it for a few days at least so if its a fp it can be restored. Anything in quarantine is encrypted and cant possibly run anymore. 

We would need to see the scan log showing the detections so see what damage may need to be repaired if any. 

Like @starrynight  I got the same 47 detections.  Then quarantined and deleted.    I do have  a report and mbst-grab-results which are attached.   Is this what you need to assess if anything critical is deleted?

Thanks for the help,

Jim (Nomad)

ASUSPRO Report 1 May 19 2021.txt ASUSPRO Report 2 May 19 2021.txt mbst-grab-results.zip

8 minutes ago, TwinHeadedEagle said:

@Nomad

You can restore from quarantine everything related to Riskware.Injector.Generic

Thanks @TwinHeadedEagle.  I have done so and updated to most recent package version. 1.0.46050.   However, based on the reports I uploaded can you tell if any of the files deleted (in ignorance on my part) are critical?