Adwcleaner Can't Remove Preinstalled Software

I have tried to remove these files several times to no avail. They keep showing up. I have tried manually deleting them but my computer says they are in use.

image.png.c998f337424b4c16c0a9708f99ed3952.png

I posted this issue on the Adwcleaner section. I was advised to try uninstalling these items in Apps and Features and Programs and Features, but they did not show up on the list. I was advised to uninstall a related program, Dell Backup and Recovery, but the items were still detected. I was then advised to repost here for assistance. I have attached the latest scans and cleaning logs, as well as the FRST logs.

AdwCleaner[C14].txt AdwCleaner[S16].txt FRST.txt Addition.txt

• Root Admin

Hello @OMGhaAAALP

These are not threats. These are pre-installed pieces of software. Just want to make sure you're aware before we begin.

Please go into Control Panel, Programs, Programs and Features and uninstall the following

Dell Product Registration
Java 7 Update
Java SE Development Kit 7 Update 79
Bonjour
Intel Security True Key
(unless you happen to be using it, but most people are not)
PocketCloud (this was installed by Dell years ago as well - if you do use it then don't uninstall it but most people don't use it)
TeamViewer 12  (TeamViewer is now up to version 15 - unless you're doing special custom work with this version it's unlikely needed - if you do want it then upgrade to the latest)

Then restart the computer. -

After the restart please run the following fix.

Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop or location where you ran FRST from.
NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST or FRST64, and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

Please make sure you disable any real time antivirus or security software before running this script. Once completed make sure you re-enable it.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system that cannot be undone.

Run FRST or FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt) or wherever you ran FRST from. Please attach or post it to your next reply.

Note: If the tool warned you about an outdated version please download and run the updated version.

NOTE-1:  This fix will run a scan to check that all Microsoft operating system files are valid and not corrupt and attempt to correct any invalid files. It will also run a disk check on the restart to ensure disk integrity. Depending on the speed of your computer this fix may take 30 minutes or more.

NOTE-2: As part of this fix all temporary files will be removed. If you have any open web pages that have not been bookmarked please make sure you bookmark them now as all open applications will be automatically closed. Also, make sure you know the passwords for all websites as cookies will also be removed. The use of an external password manager is highly recommended instead of using your browser to store passwords.

The following directories are emptied:

• Windows Temp
  • Users Temp folders
  • Edge, IE, FF, Chrome and Opera caches, HTML5 storages, Cookies and History
  • Recently opened files cache
  • Flash Player cache
  • Java cache
  • Steam HTML cache
  • Explorer thumbnail and icon cache
  • BITS transfer queue (qmgr*.dat files)
  • Recycle Bin

Important: items are permanently deleted. They are not moved to quarantine. If you have any questions or concerns please ask before running this fix.

The system will be rebooted after the fix has run.

fixlist.txt

Thanks

I have uninstalled all of the items. When I tried to uninstall Intel Security Ture Key it kept asking me to close my browser even after I had no other windows open and would not continue, so I went to its directory and manually uninstalled it. It is still showing up in Programs and Features, but now it just says an error occurred when I try to uninstall.

I disabled Malwarebytes Real Time Protection and ran the fix per the instructions. A restart occurred, then nothing else, which is what a pop-up window said would happen. It doesn't appear to have worked though. The Recycle Bin was not emptied. The only other Anti virus software I believe I have running is Windows Defender. Are their functions of windows defender I need to disable as well as MWB?

Thank you very much and sorry if I am a computer idiot.

Fixlog.txt

• Root Admin

Nothing to be sorry for. We'll get you sorted out. Just take a little bit of time.

Please run FRST program again. Then click on the SCAN button and make sure to have a check mark in Addition.txt and attach back both new logs when ready and I will review where we're at now.

Thank you @OMGhaAAALP

• Root Admin

Are you still using this WMware redirection tool from 2015?

VMware Horizon Client (HKLM\...\{C7F8E8FA-0832-427E-B2B1-ABF6F8495C35}) (Version: 3.5.2.30397 - VMware, Inc.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VMware_Horizon

HKLM\...\Run: [VMware Netlink 3 HV Install Utility] => C:\Program Files\Common Files\VMware\DeviceRedirectionCommon\ftnliu.exe [70080 2015-06-16] (FabulaTech -> )

R2 ftnlsv3hv; C:\Program Files\Common Files\VMware\DeviceRedirectionCommon\ftnlsv.exe [226240 2015-06-16] (FabulaTech -> )
R2 ftscanmgr; C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\ScannerRedirection\ftscanmgr.exe [6363792 2015-07-31] (FabulaTech -> )

R2 vmware-view-usbd; C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Horizon View Client\bin\vmware-view-usbd.exe [1156824 2015-10-13] (VMware, Inc. -> VMware, Inc.)
R2 vmwsprrdpwks; C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VMware\SerialPortRedirection\Client\vmwsprrdpwks.exe [261776 2015-05-08] (FabulaTech -> VMware)

Most Experts no longer recommend the use of CCleaner since Avast bought them up years ago - the choice to keep it is yours but you may want to consider uninstalling it.

Do you still have and use this Canon BJ Language Monitor MG5400 series printer?HKLM\...\Print\Monitors\Canon BJ Language Monitor MG5400 series: C:\WINDOWS\system32\CNMLMBB.DLL [389120 2012-04-16] (Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher -> CANON INC.)

Or this HP one?
HKLM\...\Print\Monitors\HP E511 Status Monitor: C:\WINDOWS\system32\hpinkstsE511LM.dll [393352 2017-03-09] (Hewlett Packard -> HP Inc.)

• Root Admin

Please save the attached FIXLIST.txt file to the same location as FRST64 as before and then click on the FIX button.

fixlist.txt

Once that completes it will reboot the computer and make a new FIXLOG.txt file. Please attach that log on your next reply.

Then next, run the following for me.

SecurityCheck by glax24              

I would like you to run a tool named SecurityCheck to inquire about the current-security-update status of some applications.

• Download SecurityCheck by glax24 from here  https://tools.safezone.cc/glax24/SecurityCheck/SecurityCheck.exe
  • and save the tool on the desktop.
  • If Windows's  SmartScreen block that with a message-window, then
  • Click on the MORE INFO spot and over-ride that and allow it to proceed.
  • This tool is safe.   Smartscreen is overly sensitive.
  • Right-click  with your mouse on the Securitycheck.exe  and select "Run as administrator"   and reply YES to allow to run & go forward
  • Wait for the scan to finish. It will open in a text file named SecurityType.txt. Close the file.  Attach it with your next reply.
  • You can find this file in a folder called SecurityCheck, C:\SecurityCheck\SecurityCheck.txt

Thanks @OMGhaAAALP

• Root Admin

Please update or address the following

--------------------------- [ OtherUtilities ] ----------------------------
Backup and Sync from Google v.3.54.3529.0458 Warning! Download Update

-------------------------- [ IMAndCollaborate ] ---------------------------
Zoom v.5.4.7 (59784.1220) Warning! Download Update

-------------------------------- [ Media ] --------------------------------
iTunes v.12.10.3.1 Warning! Download Update
^Please use Apple Software Update tool.^

QuickTime 7 v.7.79.80.95 Warning! This software is no longer supported. Please uninstall it and use another software.

----------------------------- [ EmailClient ] -----------------------------
Windows Live Essentials v.16.4.3505.0912 Warning! This software is no longer supported.

---------------------------- [ UnwantedApps ] -----------------------------
Intel Security True Key v.4.15.132.1 Warning! Application is distributed through the partnership programs and bundle assemblies. Uninstallation recommended. Possible you became a victim of fraud or social engineering.
----------------------------- [ End of Log ] ------------------------------

Then restart the computer. Wait about 10 minutes and then restart the computer again. Then run FRST again and click on Scan and post back both new logs files.

Thank you @OMGhaAAALP

Edited by AdvancedSetup
updated information

• Root Admin

Here is some information to assist you further with your CCleaner question

Why You Shouldn’t Download CCleaner for Windows Anymore
https://helpdeskgeek.com/free-tools-review/why-you-shouldnt-download-ccleaner-for-windows-anymore/

Microsoft Windows 10 is warning users not to install CCleaner
https://www.techradar.com/news/windows-10-is-warning-users-not-to-install-ccleaner

Is CCleaner Safe? Not Quite. And We Show You How to Replace It
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/stop-using-ccleaner-windows/

Here are some tools and links for removing Windows App Packages

O&O AppBuster
https://www.oo-software.com/en/ooappbuster

BloatBox
https://github.com/builtbybel/bloatbox

Windows10Debloater
https://github.com/Sycnex/Windows10Debloater

There is also another customization from Chris Titus Tech

https://christitus.com/debloat-windows-10-2020/

https://github.com/ChrisTitusTech/win10script

I'm reviewing your logs now @OMGhaAAALP

Do  you have any other issues or concerns before we finish up here?

Edited by AdvancedSetup
updated information

• Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you