Anything to worry about as a windows user? (SolarWinds breach)

JorgeBon

Im a bit late on this, but I was curious since it seems that Microsoft also got some malicious binaries of the dll from SolarWinds through, could it mean that the damage was bigger? I suppose we can only take their word that nothing else got compromised.

I guess in short: im worried that they may have had their windows updates compromised and even data from outlook, skype etc. (Maybe microsoft phone apps as well but thats probably too far stretched to worry about)

Could it be possible? Maybe I didn't read carefully enough and im once again paranoid about worst case scenarios.

36 minutes ago, JorgeBon said:

Im a bit late on this, but I was curious since it seems that Microsoft also got some malicious binaries of the dll from SolarWinds through, could it mean that the damage was bigger? I suppose we can only take their word that nothing else got compromised.

I guess in short: im worried that they may have had their windows updates compromised and even data from outlook, skype etc. (Maybe microsoft phone apps as well but thats probably too far stretched to worry about)

Could it be possible? Maybe I didn't read carefully enough and im once again paranoid about worst case scenarios.

Hello @JorgeBon,  I don't think you have much to worry about because the SolarWinds was mainly directed at the Information Technology, Government, Government contractors, Think tanks/ NOG and IT from what I have read at other security websites. You can find a little more information over at Bleeping.com.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/microsoft-solarwinds-hackers-accessed-our-source-code/