Malwarebytes has made itself the default virus scanner

Just install latest MWB MSI from our Nebular cloud and it's made itself the default virus scanner. We don't want this AT ALL! Why has it done it, how to we stop the MSI install doing this in future and how do we switch on systems where it's done it without our knowledge? Open app does nothing BTW.

zLgx127.png

And on Manager Providers, there is no way to turn Microsoft Defender back on:

iIVG2hv.png

Answering own question:

I've just gone through the console and I've just found this setting in the default policy. I've just changed it to "Never register Malwarebytes in the Windows Action Center" assuming this is the same option as the standalone version of the program. Please to report that changing the policy was almost instant as I had the test VM open and spotted it reporting "No virus scanner" as soon as I saved the policy.

EEs3x8R.png

Greetings,

Yes, you found the correct option to remove Malwarebytes as the default AV protection/scanner for Windows/Security Center/Action Center which should allow Windows Defender to resume this role so that you may use both side by side.

If there is anything we might help with please let us know.

Thanks