Probable problem with Malwarebytes 4.5 beta

Since I installed the beta, just made available, a strange fact has happened twice, I don't know if it is linked to the new version, but it has never happened before in seven years of Mac.

Once the messages app did not open leaving the icon on the bouncing dock (this the day after installation)
A little while ago the same behavior with the Mac AppStore app.

Only solution to force restart the Mac by holding down the power button after several moments.

MacBook Pro 9.2 (A1278), 10GB Ram
SSD Kingston
macOS Catalina 10.15.6 Stable Release

Malwarebytes 4.5.14 beta

Can it be due to the new beta?

I wait for a feedback

Thank you

Good day

Massimiliano

Surely I can try but it happened twice in 4 days and with two different apps.

I can say, if I remember correctly, that both times I was downloading a youtube video content to be able to watch it offline

Update: I tried to replicate the above conditions but there was no problem with both the apps that had given me the problem and app block set to active. I think it's a sporadic thing.

Edited by MAXBAR1
added update

@treed The problems of the other day never came back.

But it is two or three times that when I wake up the Mac from stand-by it creates problems for me (it gets stuck and I have to force the restart or effort in the login operation). However, it happens sporadically.

It had never happened before; it could be macOS 10.15.6 (are you aware of something? I haven't read anything on internet) or the new version of Malwarebytes (it's the only thing that has changed since the upgrade to 10.15.6 on July 15 - no problem, however, between 15 July and the release of the new beta).

@treed If you want to collect the logs of my Mac send me a PM with the link to the tool and I will gladly send them to you

• 3 months later...

29th November 2020

@treed

Update (after several months) 

DEFINITELY SOLVED THE PROBLEM.

Thanks to the Apple support that advised me (I've never needed it before in 7 years of macOS) to remove the checkboxes STOP RIGID DISCS WHEN POSSIBLE (anyway my Mac is equipped with SSD) in Settings - > Power saving both for power supply and battery

Thanks again

Good Sunday

Massimiliano