Slow operations computer stops

I am finally checking in to this forum to see if I can figure out why, at precisely the start of my work day, my computer stops in its tracks. When I see what's tasking the CPS, MalwareBytes is at the top. I don't profess to have much (and I may even be making an overstatement when I say "much") knowledge about the inner workings of the computer. I'm the Luddite who just prays for it to work and buys the protection for it as a yearly offering to the computer gods to look kindly on my device. So needless to say I am slow at understanding (but get me teaching English, and I rock!). So I will see if I can gain any wisdom from this thread and hopefully figure it out because I cannot abide by the halt I'm experiencing and simultaneously forcing my student to experience every morning. 

2 hours ago, Winter said:

or someone has a new suggestion

@HelloCentral The 4.0.4 version works.

You also have the option of reverting to an earlier component package version, which will allow you to keep Web Protection enabled.
You can download this from here: https://malwarebytes.box.com/s/z6cravnwptrzx5tyjw36jq6zt6c7apsx

Once installed, you will need to disable the two update options found in Settings -> General -> Application updates to prevent the product from updating back to the affected version.

I suggest using the following clean install guide.

Please do the following Uninstall and reinstall using the Malwarebytes Support Tool

Please have lots of patience with the tool.  The first phase is a cleanup and does require a Windows Restart.
After the Restart, it may take 2 - 3 - 4 minutes till the Support tool screen shows up.   Please be patient and have faith.  Wait for it, whatever it takes.
The 2nd phase is where it offers to do a new Install. Say no and use the download from my above link and install the old version and disable the update before you do anything else.

Edited by Porthos