AMozilla Afirefox

Hu, everytime i start up windows, a pop-up of a fake mozilla appears, tried both ADWcleaner and Malwarebytes and nothing worked. I have seen you resolve it ehre, but i would like you to do the same for me, i will send you everything you need as quick as possible. I am waiting for your answer, tanks a lot.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/225313-amozilla-afirefox/

• Root Admin

Hello @bablinki

Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop.
NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST or FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system.

Run FRST or FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please attach or post it to your next reply.

Note: If the tool warned you about an outdated version please download and run the updated version.

fixlist.txt

Thanks

43 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Hello @bablinki

Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop.
NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST or FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system.

Run FRST or FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please attach or post it to your next reply.

Note: If the tool warned you about an outdated version please download and run the updated version.

fixlist.txt 1.83 kB · 1 download

Thanks

The fix isnt finished yet, is it normal? Or is it a bad thing?

• Root Admin

Hello @bablinki

I told it to check your core operating system files and if any found bad to repair them. Each command can take up to about 20 minutes or so. Then it should reboot the computer and run a disk check. It also deletes temporary files and empties the recycle bin

Depending on the speed of your computer it could potentially take up to an hour to complete all of that.

11 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Hello @bablinki

I told it to check your core operating system files and if any found bad to repair them. Each command can take up to about 20 minutes or so. Then it should reboot the computer and run a disk check. It also deletes temporary files and empties the recycle bin

Depending on the speed of your computer it could potentially take up to an hour to complete all of that.

Here is the fixlog.txt, i am ready to follow your instructions.

Fixlog.txt

6 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Okay, that all ran well. Are you still getting some prompt for a fake Firefox entry?

What issues are you still having. Please send me a screenshot of what you're seeing if you're still seeing this.

So i tested with both adwcleaner and malwayrebytes and it seems that they dont detect anymore Amozilla and Afirefox. And there is not a file names "Amozilla" in my User File anymore. So i think it worked, thanks for helping. 

• Root Admin

Great, that's wonderful to hear @bablinki

I will go ahead then and close your topic and wish you well. The closing post will have a link to other information you can review to help you keep your system clean. No rush to read it all, maybe bookmark it and come back as you have time to read more and more.

Take care and stay safe out there

• Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you