Install w/o internet connection

Hello guys...

First post, and I already feel foolish asking this.

I keep Malwarebytes on a thumb drive with a couple other tools. This is useless, however, if the computer that is infected does not have an internet connection.

How would I go about installing the actual program to a computer with no internet?

I'm familiar with updating the definitions by simply downloading and overwriting the definitions file, but I'm a bit confused as to how I can install this, since the installer is merely a downloader.

I appreciate the help!

• Root Admin

Just download it onto a working PC and update it. Then burn the installer and the rules.ref file to a CD or a USB drive (CD is better since Malware can infect a USB drive as well) and then install it from CD on the infected computer, then copy over the new rules.ref file and you should be all set.

Thank you so much, sir!

Am I missing something, though?

I swear that when I downloaded the setup file on my own machine a few weeks ago, it was only like a 400K file, and the setup file merely ran a downloader to download the actual install file and install Malwarebytes.

Did this change, or am I just losing it?

Thanks again though, I really appreciate the quick response.

Here I copy and paste "C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware" folder (Vista) to a thumb drive which has the installer and latest rules.ref.

XP - "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware" folder.

• Root Admin
Thank you so much, sir!

Am I missing something, though?

I swear that when I downloaded the setup file on my own machine a few weeks ago, it was only like a 400K file, and the setup file merely ran a downloader to download the actual install file and install Malwarebytes.

Did this change, or am I just losing it?

Thanks again though, I really appreciate the quick response.

No the 400K file you have might be Malware disguised as our installer but it's not. Our installer is named mbam-setup.exe and is 3.85MB in file size.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php