Can't open any .exe file

mmjsr72

Hello All,

First of all, please excuse my computer illiteracy!

I believe that I have a virus that is preventing me from running my Symantec and/ or Malwarebytes programs. I've attempted to download some other possible fixes from your site and after downloading them to my desktop, I can't seem to open them - A box comes up asking me which program I wish to use to run it? After further review, I can't open my Microsoft programs from the start menu but can is I have a saved item on my desktop? It appears that I can not open any .exe file? Anybody have an idea on how to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Root Admin

Hello...

Download and run Win32kDiag:

1. Download Win32kDiag from any of the following locations and save it to your Desktop.

[*]Double-click Win32kDiag.exe to run Win32kDiag and let it finish.

[*]When it states "Finished! Press any key to exit...", press any key on your keyboard to close the program.

[*]Double-click on the Win32kDiag.txt file that is located on your Desktop and post the entire contents of that log as a reply to this topic, please do not attach the file.

Please let it run for at least an hour without bothering it regardless of what it says. Then post back the log.