Beta 4.0.3 install problem

Phxflyer

Maybe I did something wrong, but I clicked on the link Erix gave today (from this link) and installed 4.0.3 over 4.0.2. Maybe that was the problem. The install went quick and everything looked okay in the interface, but I couldn't open any web browser; Edge, Chrome or Firefox. I tried turning MB off but that didn't help. I also rebooted. No help. I used the Windows uninstall applet to remove MB Beta 4.0.2 and then reinstalled it to 4.0.3.48. This went quick and now the browsers are working but in this install, my scheduled scans were deleted. I only run two. A nightly quick scan and a weekly threat scan. Both are reset and I did a quick scan and it worked okay.

If my problem was trying to install the new without removing the old, then it's my fault. If that should have worked, we can go from there submitting logs, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Phxflyer,

Thanks for the report. This is not expected behaviour - even with over-the-top installing from a previous beta version.

Let's collect logs (however, there may no longer be any pertinent details due to the uninstallation):
https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-2396

Please attach the generated mbst-grab-results.zip.

Will do. I couldn't this last time as I couldn't open a browser page to get the support tool. I didn't think about getting it from another PC first. Too much going on to think about it. Now I have it and will definitely use it if I get this on the next update. All is running fine after the second install.