When I try to end task for malwarebytes service it says "access denied"

Malwarebytes service is taking up alot of memory on my school laptop so I went to end task so I would have more memory usage for the laptop. 

But when I tried to do this it came up with "access denied" Was the access denied because  my school blocked ending it's task or is it somewhere else that I disable malwarebytes?

Greetings,

Malwarebytes includes self-protection to defend itself against being terminated unexpectedly, so that is most likely the reason you encountered the issue.  The only way to exit Malwarebytes is by right-clicking the Malwarebytes tray icon and selecting Quit Malwarebytes and clicking Yes if prompted by User Account Control.  That said, if your school configured the software to prevent unauthorized access to Malwarebytes' protection settings then you likely will not be able to disable it and a member of your school's IT staff or whoever it is that is in charge of installing and managing the software would need to do it for you.

Please let us know if there is anything else we might assist you with.

Thanks