"zenovitgen.xyz" has locked my Mac's Safari

I have a phony Apple message on my Safari Browser say that my Mac is infected with a Trojan Horse.

I cannot find a way to remove it.  I have used the latest version of Malwarebytes with no success.

Below is a screenshot of my Safari's window.    AT the top of the screen where it should read https://.....  it reads only  >     zenovitgen.xyz     < with a picture of a padlock.

I was hoping to just just trash my Safari Browser and install a new one, but I can't find a way to do that either.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Walter Holt

MacMini late 2012,  running Mojave 10.14.5

Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 5.49.40 PM.png

That is simply a phony alert caused by something on the site you were visiting at the time, most probably some javascript embedded in an advertisement, which is something known as malvertising. There is nothing on your computer that needs to be removed and under no circumstances should you call that number as they are criminals that will find a way to have you pay for something you don't need.

All you need to do is to quit Safari and then hold down the shift key while re-opening it to prevent all windows and tabs from reopening.

If that doesn't work, quit Safari again, then navigate to the following folder:

~/Library/Saved Application State/ (where "~" indicates /Users/<YourUserName>)

Inside that folder, find the folder named com.apple.Safari.savedState. Drag that to the trash.

Next, go to the following folder:
~/Library/Safari/
In that folder, drag the LastSession.plist file to the trash. Now open Safari, and the message should be gone.

Edited by alvarnell