Exclusion issue

MagCCB

I need to set up an exclusion and thought I had set it up correctly, but this update package that one of my coworkers is pushing out keeps getting blocked by Malwarebytes. The installer creates a new folder that includes the date of the installation attempt, so it's changing. I have no control over the process used to push this update, so the only answer is to either set up a working exclusion or remove Malwarebytes for the duration of the update process. The exclusion I set up is set up similar to-

C:\Users\*\AppData\Local\Temp\InstallFolder\*

The new folders that I mentioned above are created under this directory, so in theory this should have covered it assuming the wildcard is working as intended. Where am I going wrong? These updates continue to be blocked despite this exclusion, which is enabled and set as a global exclusion.

In case anyone searches the forums and runs into a similar issue, the fix for my situation was to add an extra wildcard to the exclusion-

C:\Users\*\AppData\Local\Temp\InstallFolder\**

I guess this was necessary because part of the deployment created another folder underneath "InstallFolder". This isn't something I've run into with other applications as far as settign up exclusions, but it's good info to know.