Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

2 Neutral

About MagCCB

  • Rank
    New Member

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Bump, is there any additional information I can provide for troubleshooting? This is continuing to happen.
  2. I've been having a number of cases where the deployment tool is failing to fully deploy Malwarebytes to devices. It seems to only get half installed, where the Malwarebytes Endpoint Agent service is running, but the Malwarebytes Service doesn't get installed. The device will show up under my Endpoints but it flashes the error "Unable to retrieve endpoint agent information" when I try to view information on these devices. It doesn't happen with every installation, but it's happening more often now. We have set up all of the recommended exclusions for SEP and for the Firewall, and I have co
  3. Same here, if I rebooted a device that had this happen the Malwarebytes install was essentially broken, and I could only reinstall it by cleaning it with the support tool. Some of the devices that were not rebooted seemed to allow me to restore the file, but not all.
  4. About an hour and a half ago eleven of the devices I've deployed Malwarebytes to all quarantined the Malwarebytes Task Scheduler file. Wondering if anyone else has seen this happen? Name Type Category Status Path Malware.AI.4263214107 File Malware Quarantined C:\PROGRAM FILES\MALWAREBYTES ENDPOINT AGENT\MICROSOFT.WIN32.TASKSCHEDULER.DLL
  5. I've done this in the command line and it didn't work, it's still getting blocked. I got a clean copy of the file from the guy that's pushing it out and verified the hash matched. I read somewhere else in these forums that I would need the md5 hash of the exploit rather than the file itself? This would seem rather difficult if it's just getting flagged as a generic exploit.
  6. Hello all, I've done some searching through the forums and found a few similar threads but I'm still not finding a solution for this, short of disabling exploit protection altogether. My company's Desktop Engineering team has deployed a powershell script to various computers to perform a task. Malwarebytes is blocking it, labeling it as an exploit- Malware.Exploit.Agent.Generic Affected Applications: Mshta I set up an exclusion for the .ps1 file itself but as I learned you can't exclude files from exploit protection. I've attempted adding Mshta.exe to t
  7. I love that MFA is now available for Malwarebytes Cloud, however given how quickly the site times out and logs me out I find myself signing back in throughout the day. Being able to whitelist my work PC would make for a better experience using MFA.
  8. In case anyone searches the forums and runs into a similar issue, the fix for my situation was to add an extra wildcard to the exclusion- C:\Users\*\AppData\Local\Temp\InstallFolder\** I guess this was necessary because part of the deployment created another folder underneath "InstallFolder". This isn't something I've run into with other applications as far as settign up exclusions, but it's good info to know.
  9. I need to set up an exclusion and thought I had set it up correctly, but this update package that one of my coworkers is pushing out keeps getting blocked by Malwarebytes. The installer creates a new folder that includes the date of the installation attempt, so it's changing. I have no control over the process used to push this update, so the only answer is to either set up a working exclusion or remove Malwarebytes for the duration of the update process. The exclusion I set up is set up similar to- C:\Users\*\AppData\Local\Temp\InstallFolder\* The new folders that I mentioned above
  10. Thank you! Is there a place I should refer to in the future where issues are posted?
  11. As the title indicates, starting yesterday I've been getting a delay in deploying an endpoint and having it be available in the cloud console. In the past when this has happened I can trigger it to show up by restarting the Malwarebytes Endpoint Agent service, but that isn't working this time. This morning it appeared to be working normally again, but then this afternoon it's started acting up again. There isn't a pattern to the amount of time that I've noticed, the latest endpoints that I deployed were installed about two hours ago and yet I still can't manage them. Curious if anything is goi
  12. Just in case anyone has the same question I did- after applying exclusions and running "Scan and Report" to verify that it's no longer picking up the previous detections, the only way I found to clear the "Remediation Required" flag is to tell it to remediate the issues. If exclusions are properly applied it will clear the flag without quarantining the previous detections.
  13. I've recently deployed Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection to a few machines that are running a specific application that was flagged by Malwarebytes when I ran my first "Scan and Report". I've since added all detected items to the Exclusions, however the two machines that I initially ran this scan on are still showing that there is remediation required. I've tried running Scan and Report on them again, and while it isn't showing the previous detections as being detected again, the "Remediation Required" symbol doesn't go away. What's the secret to making this disappear, as I don't want someone t
Back to top
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.