EPR VS EDR

Sanjee31

Hi, I'm totally new in Malwarebytes, just wonder, is there anyone can brief me what is the major difference between EDR and EPP? 

which one I should use and why? 

( I heard from my friends that, other products are emphasize on EDR nowadays, as only EDR can protect from ransomeware) 

Greetings,

Your best bet if looking for proactive protection along with solid incident response would probably be Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection and Response.  It offers all of the latest proactive protection and detection capabilities that Malwarebytes has to offer along with full incident response capabilities for suspicious activity detection, granular endpoint isolation (for cases where an active threat/suspicious activity is detected to prevent threats spreading further across your networks), as well as Malwarebytes' latest solution, Ransomware Rollback which allows for system and data recovery to quickly recover from ransomware attacks should any get through (especially valuable given the high success rate of targeted phishing attacks these days).

You can learn more about this solution and find additional links to further documentation and resources here.

I hope this helps, and if there is anything else we might assist you with please let us know.

Thanks

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 12:19 AM, exile360 said:

Greetings,

Your best bet if looking for proactive protection along with solid incident response would probably be Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection and Response.  It offers all of the latest proactive protection and detection capabilities that Malwarebytes has to offer along with full incident response capabilities for suspicious activity detection, granular endpoint isolation (for cases where an active threat/suspicious activity is detected to prevent threats spreading further across your networks), as well as Malwarebytes' latest solution, Ransomware Rollback which allows for system and data recovery to quickly recover from ransomware attacks should any get through (especially valuable given the high success rate of targeted phishing attacks these days).

You can learn more about this solution and find additional links to further documentation and resources here.

I hope this helps, and if there is anything else we might assist you with please let us know.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. 

May I know  how effective the Malwarebyte EPP will detect/block the ransomeware?  ( I understand that EPR surely will doing great in this part) 

I don't have any specific numbers, however it should be quite effective as it uses behavior based detection to monitor all processes in memory for ransomware behavior and also uses 'booby traps' in the form of test files it creates on the system which act as an early warning system should anything try to delete and/or encrypt those files so that it can stop ransomware in its tracks before it is able to encrypt any of your critical data.  I believe this combined with the additional incident response technologies in Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection and Response provide a very robust solution for dealing with ransomware attacks, both proactively through prevention, as well as reactively through incident response, remediation and rollback of data to maintain system and data integrity.

You'll also find a large number of resources and whitepapers on various related topics (including ransomware and other threats) on this page that you may find valuable.