mp3 rocket exclusions not working

hi i use mp3 rocket to download songs from youtube. i have a paid subscription to both it and malware bytes. it wont exclude mp3 rocket and let me download any more. why is this problem occurring? i have tried to manually close out malware bytes and download but it still prevents me from downloading. what can i do? i love both programs and have paid for both. how can i resoilve this issue? it wasnt until just recently it has decided to do this like within the last week. why has this occurred? can anyone help?

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab on the left column
    0. UI.png
  7. Click the Gather Logs button
    17. Advanced.png
  8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer
    19. System Repair Progress.png
  9. Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK
  10. Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:
     notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

Greetings,

If the Web Protection component is blocking your downloads then you need to exclude the process that is attempting the downloads using the method described under the Exclude and Application that Connects to the Internet in this support article.

Please let us know if that resolves the issue or not, and if it doesn't, then please do the following so that we may take a closer look at your Malwarebytes installation to try and determine why it might be blocking your downloads:

1. Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Accept the EULA and click Advanced tab on the left (not Start Repair)
  3. Click the Gather Logs button, and once it completes, attach the zip file it creates on your desktop to your next reply

Thanks

Did you make certain to add the individual executables belonging to the program selecting the Exclude an Application that Connects to the Internet option as I recommended?  If so then please do as I requested above and provide the requested logs and we'll try and determine what the next steps are that should be taken.  The logs will show us which part of Malwarebytes is blocking it and we can figure out why and how to correct it.

i did as you requested. when the popups stopped coming then and it still wouldnt parse i looked into mp3 rocket itself. it seems it is no longer a viable program as thier website and all are down now. i thank you for your time tho and appreciate the help

Aw, that's a bummer :( 

I hope you're able to find a decent substitute.  I know a lot of people use streaming services like Spotify etc., and Amazon has a lot of music available for unlimited streaming for their Amazon Prime members, and of course there's always iTunes and similar services.  I usually just buy MP3's from Amazon (they're high bit-rate and have no DRM; something I'm not a big fan of since I use an MP3 player in my car that's just drag-and-drop for audio files like a flash drive; no proprietary software/format/conversion etc. necessary) but I did give Spotify a try once and from what I recall it was pretty cool.  You basically start out either with a specific genre of music (and they have a LOT of insanely specific genres) or with a certain band or song or selection of bands/songs and it will play the bands/songs you select and also start throwing other similar bands/songs into the mix from artists it believes you'll like based on the genre as well as what other users who like the same bands/genres you do also listen to and rate highly when they stream.  If you hear a song you don't like you can skip it and give it a poor rating so it's unlikely or impossible for it to be played on your stream again automatically and you can rate how much you like a particular song that you hear which will further narrow down your tastes.  It's a lot like how Netflix works with recommending movies and shows based on your watchlist, what you've watched and what you've rated highly and poorly.