IP address compromise scam

MaggieD

I was recently scamed by a supposed technician from Epson print who I gave online access to my computer to fix.  When I realised it was a scam after about 30 minutes and disconnected the internet I noticed a file on my desktop that read unconfirmed 703300.crdownload, does this mean that because it hasn't downloaded completely he won't be able to access my computer if I reconnect to the Internet again?

Thanks David for your info. I'm in the UK so will report here. I unwittingly selected the wrong support website and took up the offer on the online chat to have a technician contact me. I have in the past had Microsoft use remote access to fix an issue with no problem but I will be very vigilant in the future.

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 11:52 AM, MaggieD said:

I have in the past had Microsoft use remote access to fix an issue with no problem but I will be very vigilant in the future.

Be careful when seeking Microsoft Support as there are scammers out there claiming to be Microsoft as well.