Protection Module

Hi John! It protects against malicious IP's and websites, Its great for Spyware,Adware,Mailware, ect... but should be complemented by a good AV program ie: Avira, Avast, ect.... some reading:http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

The heuristic scanning is great! If you have the paid version (1 time payment for life) you get real-live time protection. The free version is a manual scan & the updates are the same. Malwarebytes rated no. 4 in the Anti-spyware fieldby C-Net reviews! For me it did pick up some trojans, and a few virus hits. Puts them in quaratine real fast.. I'll leave it here for someone else to post anything I left out.... Feel free to ask or post any questions/comments.... regards....

Hi John! It protects against malicious IP's and websites, Its great for Spyware,Adware,Mailware, ect... but should be complemented by a good AV program ie: Avira, Avast, ect.... some reading:http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

The heuristic scanning is great! If you have the paid version (1 time payment for life) you get real-live time protection. The free version is a manual scan & the updates are the same. Malwarebytes rated no. 4 in the Anti-spyware fieldby C-Net reviews! For me it did pick up some trojans, and a few virus hits. Puts them in quaratine real fast.. I'll leave it here for someone else to post anything I left out.... Feel free to ask or post any questions/comments.... regards....

Hello yardbird, thanks for reply :)

I use the NOD32 Antivirus, Windows Firewall and MBAM free version. I'm interested in buying the paid version of MBAM, because it is the anti-malware I most admire, and, in my opinion, the best.

That's why I asked about the protection module, to know everything about this module before you buy it.

Another question: After I buy the paid version of MBAM, I have to uninstall the free version and install the paid version?

Thanks again

Regards

Hello

I was wondering if the protection module of MBAM protects just against malicious IP's or against infections in general, as an antivirus?

Thanks

Regards

Hey John -

You should also have a quick read of the "Avira Antivir" thread in the General Chat area of this forum - It covers Much of this topic -

Regards - :)

Hello yardbird, thanks for reply :)

I use the NOD32 Antivirus, Windows Firewall and MBAM free version. I'm interested in buying the paid version of MBAM, because it is the anti-malware I most admire, and, in my opinion, the best.

That's why I asked about the protection module, to know everything about this module before you buy it.

Another question: After I buy the paid version of MBAM, I have to uninstall the free version and install the paid version?

Thanks again

Regards

You can uninstall the free version, or put the paid version on top, (you will be instructed by mbam staff here at the time) and you will get a ID & Key via email, there will always be someone here to lend a hand or answer any question. As for the Protection Module, when I download & try to run a program (that I shouldn't, know what I mean) here's what pops up in a flash. see pic Feel free to post any questions/comments....regards.....