help with PUP.optional.reimage

Rodolfo

i'm trying to remove this malware, but every time i put it in quarantine, after the reboot nothing change.

I found this topic and follow these instruction: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/236602-trojanroraracoon-and-pupoptionalreimage-keeps-coming-back-after/

can you help me with the log file?

AdwCleaner[C00].txt

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

Hello Rodolfo and :welcome:

I'm Android 8888 and I'll be helping you with your computer issues. Please ask questions if anything is unclear.

Please read the instructions carefully and follow the directions in the order listed.

Please proceed with this:

Follow the instructions below to execute a fix on your system using FRST, and provide the Fixlog.txt log in your next reply.

• Download the attached fixlist.txt file, and save it on your Desktop (or wherever your FRST64.exe executable is located); DO NOT open or modify that file!
  • Right-click on the FRST64 icon and select Run as Administrator;
  • Click on the Fix button;
  • On completion, a message will come up saying that the fix has been completed and it'll open a log in Notepad;
  • Please attach the Fixlog.txt in your next reply;

Next,

• Download AdwCleaner and move it to your computer Desktop;
  • Right-click on AdwCleaner.exe and select Run as Administrator;
  • Click Yes to accept the User Account Control security warning that may appear;
  • Click on the blue button 'I AGREE';
  • Click on the Scan Now button;
  • Let the scan complete. Once it's done, make sure that every item listed is checked and click on the Clean & Repair button;
  • Click on the Clean & Restart Now button;
  • After the restart, a log will open when logging in. Please attach that log in your next reply.

Next,

• Open Malwarebytes;
  • On the left pane select Settings;
  • Select the Protection tab;
  • Scroll down to Scan Options and ensure Scan for Rootkits and Scan within Archives are both ON and leave all other settings to default.
  • Go back to Dashboard and select the blue Scan Now tab; Note: The scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient.
  • When the scan completes if potential threats are detected, ensure to check-mark all the listed items, and click the Quarantine Selected button.
  • While still on the Scan tab, click the View Report button, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), give it a name and save it to your Desktop.
  • The log can also be viewed by clicking the log to select it, then clicking the View Report button.
  • Please attach the log in your next reply.

To summarize, in your next reply please attach:
Fixlog.txt;
AdwCleaner clean log;
Malwarebytes log.

Let me know in detail what issues are you still experiencing on this computer.

Thank you.

Android8888

fixlist.txt

thank you for the support,  i follow the instructions and put the "pup.option.reimage" in quarantine. 

the problem is that i had already done this but every time, when i analize the system, the pup.option.reimage is still there, and i can't remove it. i found it today, when, after unzipped a downloaded file, windows defender had stopped several trojan virus and malwarebytes removed 76 trojan, except this one, who still appear after the reboot and i don't know how to remove it forever

however, here you go the log:

Malwarebytes log..txtFixlog.txtAdwCleaner[C02].txt

Hello Rodolfo,

Please read carefully the instructions of this post https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/214325-chrome-secure-preferences-detection-always-comes-back/ and execute the requested actions in the order listed.

Please let me know if the issue still persists.

Thank you.

Android8888

• 4 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks