Request: Option on your website for blocked sites to prove clean.

pancakeandcows

I've ran into sites that don't seem like they should be blocked. Even one of my own is blocked, and it's nothing more than a WordPress site. My request is an option on the Malwarebytes website, for owners to submit for their site to be cleared. I know the owner would have to prove their site is clean, which can probably be automated possibly by allowing Malwarebytes to scan the files and folders of the website. I have no idea if this is the ideal way, but Malwarebytes is THE security experts ( Yeah Yeah, raspberry me all you want, but I'm a big fan of them. :D) , so I'm sure they would know the best way.

Thank you.

Greetings,

While it's not exactly fully automated, there is actually a way to report a blocked website as a false positive to have it reviewed/re-analyzed by the Research team.  Just follow the rules and guidelines provided in this topic as well as this topic and then create a new thread in the Website Blocking False Positives area (located here) by clicking on this link and the Research team will take a look at your site as well as provide details on why it is blocked if it remains so (that way you know what needs to be addressed/cleaned up if it's still got something amiss) and then remove the block if it is clear of any threats/issues (obviously they also block non-malware related sites such as scam sites and phishing sites etc., and whatever the reason, they generally will explain as long as it is appropriate for public discussion).

You can also attempt to lookup any blocked site, either by domain or IP address (or even host or IP block) via hosts-file.net which is an online database of sites tracked by the Malwarebytes Web Research team and they will often include entries for sites also blocked by Malwarebytes Web Protection (as well as the Malwarebytes browser extension beta, of course, as they share a database), though please do keep in mind that hosts-file.net is by no means comprehensive as it is not updated quite as frequently as Malwarebytes and doesn't always use the same criteria for blocking sites (especially since hosts-file.net provides a HOSTS file, while Malwarebytes can block not only based on domain, but also IP, as well as entire IP blocks and hosting providers in the case of specific malware/crime-friendly networks/hosts).

I hope this information is helpful and if there is anything else we might assist you with please don't hesitate to let us know.

Thanks