MBAM, Superantispyware, System Restore won't work, and now my desktop is empty

docnoni

I have been working on a problem for a few days now, and I was using another website/forum, but the helpers there were very slow (I know they're volunteers, but I think the person helping me was a teenager and had to go to school, etc... which only made him available to help me for a couple of hours at night).

At first, I had a spyware problem with a little red ball and a white X in the taskbar... I'm guessing that was "braviax" according to my research... This also would not allow MBAM, Superantispyware, or System Restore to run. Anyway, I was told to run a few different programs, including Avenger, and now my Start Menu, Taskbar, icons, everything is missing from my desktop except the background wallpaper. The only thing I can pull up is Task Manager. I've tried in Safe Mode, and it's the same thing.

In the other forum, I've posted logs from Combofix, Avenger, etc... but my desktop is still blank. I've also disabled my Bitdefender in order to run Combofix. From what I've gathered, explorer.exe is not coming up somehow... I would really HATE to have to do any kind of re-format on this computer because I use it for songwriting and I would lose a lot of my material and the programs that I've installed for that.

BTW, I'm in Safe Mode now and I'm using Task Manager to get to Internet Explorer... MBAM still isn't working. :)

Thank you in advance for your help!

• 2 weeks later...