Asked to Reboot after scan now Malware byte wont run nor can i uninstall it

Hi Malwarebytes team

I downloaded yesterday the latest malware bytes after issues on my machine with windows freezing and stopping.I ran the scan it found 200 plus issues .It asked me to reboot to complete ,the computer restarts ok but then cant open any programmes,when i try to uninstall it says "please wait until the current program is finished uninstalling or being changed" my machine is unusable it is a dell inspiron n5110 running windows 7 home premium 64 bit operating system

Thank you in anticipation of your help

Mark

Hi Malwarebytes team

I downloaded yesterday the latest malware bytes after issues on my machine with windows freezing and stopping.I ran the scan it found 200 plus issues .It asked me to reboot to complete ,the computer restarts ok but then cant open any programmes,when i try to uninstall it says "please wait until the current program is finished uninstalling or being changed" my machine is unusable it is a dell inspiron n5110 running windows 7 home premium 64 bit operating system

Thank you in anticipation of your help

Mark

• Root Admin

Hello @BenfleetShrimper and :welcome:

Let me get some logs please.

Please provide the following logs and we'll verify what is actually going on with your system or Malwarebytes program.

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  • Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  • Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  • You will be presented with a page stating, "Welcome to the Malwarebytes Support Tool!"
  • Click the Advanced Options link - do not click Get Started

mbst-welcome.jpg.2300dd6068ae92db1bdc8f0

• Click the Gather Logs button

mbst-gather-logs.jpg.1f7715f40c0a46d4b4d

• A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed to gather troubleshooting information from your computer
  • Upon completion, click OK
  • A file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop
  • Please attach the file in your next reply.

• Root Admin

Please try the following. If that does not work then see if you can do it from Safe Mode

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

• Root Admin

Do you have access to another computer and a USB stick to transfer files?

Need to be careful though. Make sure the other computer is fully protected as it is possible to transfer an infection via USB stick.

Without logs though we won't be able to help you.

Thanks

Ron

• Root Admin

Getting late here. I'll be heading out soon, but please run the following and I'll check back on you again sometime tomorrow.

Please visit this web page and read the ComboFix User's Guide:

• Once you've read the article and are ready to use the program you can download it directly from the link below.
  • Important! - Please make sure you save combofix to your desktop and do not run it from your browser
  • Direct download link for: ComboFix.exe
  • Please make sure you disable your security applications before running ComboFix.
  • Once Combofix has completed it will produce and open a log file.  Please be patient as it can take some time to load.
  • Please attach that log file to your next reply.
  • If needed the file can be located here:  C:\combofix.txt
  • NOTE: If you receive the message "illegal operation has been attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion", just reboot the computer.

Thanks

Ron

• Root Admin

I don't see anything obvious running that should be stopping you from opening files. It could be that Windows itself is just really messed up. Please try the following. Try to start in Safe Mode with Networking and see if you can get online

Please download and run the following Kaspersky Antivirus scanner to remove any found threats

Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool

Let me know if it finds anything or not

Ron