Is AdwCleaner integrated into Malwarebytes ?

JustRay

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the AdwCleaner Help forum.

Someone will reply shortly, but in the meantime here are a few resources which may help resolve your issue:

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

Greetings :)

Currently ADWCleaner is still a standalone tool with its own capabilities and databases and has not yet been integrated into Malwarebytes.  There are plans to integrate as much of it as possible down the road, but I do not know when that will happen or what components might be left behind (though I suspect a lot of the fixes etc. that it executes will not make it into Malwarebytes, though I could see them being integrated into the Malwarebytes Techbench Portable Toolset someday, assuming it doesn't already contain all of the fixes/tools built into ADWCleaner).

Edited by exile360

• Staff

Hello,

Please see the FAQ here which address at least part of this question:

Especially this part:

Are both AdwCleaner and Malwarebytes needed?

• Yes!
  • AdwCleaner and Malwarebytes are designed to work well together
  • AdwCleaner specializes in adware and PUPs removal and does not offer real-time protection. It does a more thorough job of cleaning the left-over traces, OS configurations, and system modifications caused by malware.
  • Malwarebytes focuses more on delivering both remediation and real-time signature-less behavior protection and attack vector blocking. A free 14-day trial of Malwarebytes 3 is available to all AdwCleaner users.

Please ask if you still have pending questions,