Stopping a program from ever running

flagpole001

Hello again :)

Please download the attached file, extract it, then double-click on it and click Yes to the prompts and OK in the final confirmation dialog.  Once done, restart your system and CUH.exe shouldn't be able to execute any more (you may test this yourself by trying to run CUH.exe manually just to make sure if you wish).  Theoretically this should prevent this executable from running under your current Windows user account as long as they don't change the name of the file in a future update.  If you have more than one Windows user account where you wish to prevent this executable from running you'll need to run the attached file on each of them, restarting the system for the change to take effect.

Let me know how it goes and if you have any problems or additional issues or questions.

NOTE: This fix is ONLY for this user for this particular user's issue/system; please do NOT attempt to use this file unless you know what you are doing or have been advised to do so by a PC tech who knows what they're doing

KillCUH.zip

Yep, there's certainly no harm in examining it first.  I would've just had you create the file manually by posting up the raw text of the file's contents in a code box, but unfortunately every time I try to use code boxes with the current forum software running our forums here it always breaks the content of my post so rather than risk a broken .reg file I thought it best to just create the file myself and attach it for you.

Just for reference the method I used in this case was the DisallowRun function.  Documentation on the policy and how it's used can be found here.