Deloton.com Firefox add on (probably) that Malwarebytes doesn't detect

amar7

Hi,

there must be an add on that keeps connecting to Deloton.com, I made a Malwarebytes scan and it didn't find anything. But it keeps telling me that its blocking "Deloton.com" with Firefox. Please update it to detect adware add ons. Mozilla seems just like Android not to have its sh** together when it comes to making add ons safe. I hope Malwarebytes will update their signatures asap for this.

Hello amar7 and welcome to Malwarebytes,

Open Malwarebytes, select > Reports > then checkmark (tick) most recent "Website Block" entry > then select "View Report" > "Export" > Text File (*.txt) name and save that file to Desktop or somewhere of your choice, attach to your reply...

Do that for the last 3 blocks, post those logs to your reply...

Next,

Follow the instructions at this link and post the requested logs: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/9573-im-infected-what-do-i-do-now/

Thank you,

Kevin

Do not see any malware or infection in those logs, lets go for a clean install of Firefox:

Use the following link for instructions how to back up your bookmarks, same link can be used to import saved Bookmarks:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/export-firefox-bookmarks-to-backup-or-transfer

Next,

Remove all synced data from Firefox to stop possible re-infection or exploitation.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1037353

Next,

Go here: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/ download save the latest version of Firefox.. We will install this later...

Next,

Lets totally remove Firefox and start over.

Go here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/uninstall-firefox-from-your-computer and follow those instructions...

Ensure when the uninstall completes to navigate to and delete the firefox installation folder (if present):

(32-bit Windows) C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
(64-bit Windows) C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox

It is essential the installation folder is removed. Re-boot your system when that is completed....

Next,

To remove all remaining data and profile information...

Press "Windows key + R" to open the Run box
In the Run box, type in or copy and paste %APPDATA%
Click OK. A Windows Explorer window will appear.
In this window, choose/open in succession Mozilla > Firefox > Profiles.
Select Delete on each entry in reverse, eg Profiles > Delete. Firefox > Delete. Mozilla > Delete.

Re-boot your system when complete!

Next,

Use the Mozilla Firefox installer to reinstall your Browser....

When Firefox is installed and open select these keys together :- Ctrl - Shift - A that will access Addons manger, this gives access to find addons/extensions, use, start, stop or disable those features etc....

Ensure to use search to find and install AdBlock plus or uBlock, plus any other addons you normally use.... Now try surfing, see what happens...
Edited by kevinf80
typing error

Is that problem indicating Firefox as the cause... If so select the following from Firefox top menu bar > Help > Troubleshooting information > Try Safe Mode. That will run Firefox with all addons disabled, is the issue still the same..?

Edited by kevinf80
typing error

Safe mode and it still keeps connecting with deloton and ads.exdynsrv.com, firefox fresh install directly downloaded from Mozilla, it must be one of the add ons I guess that has injected a adware I guess, that modified the browser.

Edited by amar7

Very strange, did you remove all Synced data before making the fresh install? Run the following:

Download RogueKiller and save it on your desktop, ensure to download correct version..

RogueKiller (X86)

RogueKiller (x64)

• Exit all running applications.
  • Double-click on RogueKiller.exe to launch the tool. On its first execution, RogueKiller will disply the software license (EULA), click on "Accept" to continue.
  • If RogueKiller is unable to load, do not hesitate to try launching it several times or rename it winlogon.
  • Click "Start Scan" to begin the analysis. This may take some time.
  • Once the scan is complete, click the "Open TXT" button to display the scan report.
  • Copy/Paste it's content in your next reply.

Do not use the Remove Selected option until i`ve had a look at the log..

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks