Cannot Find Yahoo Install

FeeDee

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your reply but nothing is working for me.Can you please tell me where the first cmd ends and do i press enter after each.I am sorry to be amateur about this but i have tried a few variations to no avail.this is not my strong point sadly.Thank you in advance for your help.

Oh man this is infuriating i think i will just pack it in.cannot it to work so there is no point wasting your time.sory I was a bit hasty with my comment.I just discovered the file and there is text in it......hopefully the right text.i will attempt to complete the steps in my next post.thanks for your patience again.

HKCU.png.7290cd087a4eb1403a20151b9c383488.png

Edited by FeeDee

Press on the Windows + R keys to open the Run box. Then, copy/paste the following in it and press on Enter. It should launch Google Chrome's uninstall process.

C:\Users\Siobhain\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\14.0.835.202\Installer\setup.exe" --uninstall --multi-install --chrome --verbose-logging

Hi Aura thank you for the download which i executed and it deleted both no problem.I downloaded and installed a fresh copy of google and would you believe it we are back at square one.all the same crap is still there and yahoo is back along with other crap.You must be at the end of your patience with this one which is quite extensive based on all thats gone before.I am including two screenshots to let you see what is going on.Thank you so very much for all your time and patience (it could not have been easy)but i really don't know where we go now.I also noticed in google settings the same greyed out down arrow for "default" setting as mentioned to you previously.I await your contact and ideas.

Google Page.png

Google Settings.png

Alright, follow the instructions below.

iO3R662.pngFarbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) - Fix mode
Follow the instructions below to execute a fix on your system using FRST, and provide the log in your next reply.

• Download the attached fixlist.txt file, and save it on your Desktop (or wherever your FRST.exe/FRST64.exe executable is located)
  • Right-click on the FRST executable and select Spcusrh.pngRun as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users)
  • Click on the Fix button
    NYA5Cbr.png
  • On completion, a message will come up saying that the fix has been completed and it'll open a log in Notepad
  • Copy and paste its content in your next reply

fixlist.txt

Let's try something. Follow the instructions in this thread again (the 1st and 2nd post, but no need to run a Malwarebytes or AdwCleaner scan)

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/214325-chrome-secure-preferences-detection-always-comes-back/

Make sure to delete everything, and make Google your main search engine. Once done, uninstall Google Chrome and delete this folder:

C:\Users\Siobhain\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome

Afterwards, reinstall Google Chrome and let me know if the hijacks are still present.

Hi Aura thanks again for your help which i am sorry to report has ended up at square one AGAIN.:angry:I followed your instructions to the letter and all went well until i reinstalled Google which showed the same " new tab" as in post#37 on this page.It is so infuriating that after all your hard work it still comes to nothing.I will leave it in your capable hands as to what (if anything) can be done after all that.It goes without saying that you have dedicated your time and experience to this which i am most appreciative of.Just as a point of interest only today i got an upgrade to mbam 3.3.1after which i ran a threat scan which came up "clean" so i am curious as to what it is with this thing that it is not being detected.It is obviously some kind of adware or something.are there any changes that can be made within the app for a "deeper" search etc.Anyway thank you again for all your invaluable help and time given to this as it is not (remotely) the only problem you have,which is something  i am only too well aware of.