full scan crash with windows installer file 2175188.msi

I just bought the paid version of malwarebytes antimalware last night, and tried to run a full scan on my computer, which is a toshiba netbook205 with 160 GB and 2G ram running windows XP. When it reaches 20 min and 55 sec at file c:\Windows\Installer\2175188.msi, my system crashes -- to the point where I have to unplug and remove the battery to get the program to restart. It happens recurrently at this point. The quick scan runs fine, as does the quick scan from Norton, which came with the computer. How do I get past this problem? Thanks to anyone who can help. -- Scott

Well not sure what that installer file is, doing a search on google does not bring back any results. I would remove this file from my computer (you could back it up someplace in case you need it) and then try a full scan again. If it completes ok then the file was the problem.

I just bought the paid version of malwarebytes antimalware last night, and tried to run a full scan on my computer, which is a toshiba netbook205 with 160 GB and 2G ram running windows XP. When it reaches 20 min and 55 sec at file c:\Windows\Installer\2175188.msi, my system crashes -- to the point where I have to unplug and remove the battery to get the program to restart. It happens recurrently at this point. The quick scan runs fine, as does the quick scan from Norton, which came with the computer. How do I get past this problem? Thanks to anyone who can help. -- Scott

Thanks -- as soon as my backup device for this computer arrives (hopefully tomorrow) I will give it a try.

• Staff

Hi.

This is an old kinda sorta bug on a very few systems. Is this during a full scan or quick scan? If full please switch to the default quick scan.

Malwarebytes does not recommend full scans to search for malware. Our quick scan is designed to find all the places malware loads in memory and hides from conventional scanners.

Hi.

This is an old kinda sorta bug on a very few systems. Is this during a full scan or quick scan? If full please switch to the default quick scan.

Malwarebytes does not recommend full scans to search for malware. Our quick scan is designed to find all the places malware loads in memory and hides from conventional scanners.

Thanks. It is good to know. -- Scott