Scan stuck on "Scanning Memory" after upgrading to 3.2.2

Good day

Today I upgraded my Malwarebytes from version 3.1.2 to 3.2.2 and I have been having a problem with scanning since I upgraded.

The problem I'm having is that when I start a scan, it gets to the point of scanning my memory and then just hangs indefinitely.
When this problem occurs, my computer slows down to a crawl and I can't open any new applications until I cancel the scan (almost like my memory is in a locked state).

I booted into Safe Mode and tried scanning and the issue persisted.
I uninstalled Malwarebytes, rebooted, ran the Malwarebytes Clean Removal tool, rebooted, reinstalled Malwarebytes 3.2.2, rebooted again, and tried to scan once more. The issue persisted.

I am currently testing a scan where I skipped the Memory Scan and it now appears to be stuck on "Scan File System."

After almost 20 minutes of scanning I canceled the scan as I couldn't start up any other applications.

image.png.8f87713a86f9af3064e47a25c438cc55.png

image.png.204494f29b5378348e5d2e248fd0c324.png

mb-check-results.zip

20 minutes ago, Cpt_Pi said:

I canceled the scan as I couldn't start up any other applications.

First when running a manual scan please don't try to do anything else.  MB is designed currently to max out your CPU to make scans go faster. 

Let's try some simple things first. I see you have Ccleaner, Clean your temps only.

Next, run a check disk. https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/fix-hard-drives-chkdsk-windows-10/

Restart and try a THREAT scan NOT a CUSTOM scan. Custom scans are not needed or recommended.

Edited by Porthos

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

First when running a manual scan please don't try to do anything else.  MB is designed currently to max out your CPU to make scans go faster. 

Let's try some simple things first. I see you have Ccleaner, Clean your temps only.

Next, run a check disk. https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/fix-hard-drives-chkdsk-windows-10/

Restart and try a THREAT scan NOT a CUSTOM scan. Custom scans are not needed or recommended.

I already ran a complete CCleaner run, it didn't help.

I had to run a custom scan to skip the memory scan and that is what I screenshotted (screenshat?).

I just re-uninstalled, rebooted, re-cleaned, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted, and ran a threat scan in Windows Safe Mode and it completed successfully and a threat scan just finished in Normal boot as I was typing this response.

It seems like the problem has fixed itself.

Thank you for the help.