Running Multiple Anti-Ransomware Software

I'm using Malwarebytes 3 , BitDefender Total Security 2018 and Acronis True Image 2018 backup software on my PC. Each of these products has a ransomware protection feature and I'm wondering if running multiple solutions is OK? (If I were to be attacked, it would be interesting to see which software responded first or at all!)

Layered protection is always a good practice no solution alone will cover everything so a good AV along side mbam 3 is good practice and it looks like you have it covered well.

I'm currently running Bitdefender AV Plus along side mbam 3 without issues both with ramsomeware so I feel well protected.

My concern with this subject was brought on by my reading

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/611908/best-software-combo-and-practice-to-prevent-ransomware-attack/

wherein the moderator's comments include a warning about running multiple solutions (see the comment starting with 'Keep in mind that some security researchers have advised not to to use multiple anti-exploit applications because...').

Agree. You should not use multiple tools that provide similar protection. A "layered" protection system would be one involving complementary security tools... for example, MBAM paired with an antivirus, and/or an anti-executable program.

In your example, I would opt for Bitdefender's basic AV product.