Same results

I just had a look at a computer which took ages to do anything. It has 512MB RAM but was paging at 664MB!

I ran MalwareBytes, found threats, ran some more cleanup tools, then went home.

On Monday (a week later) it was going slowly again, so ran MalwareBytes again, this time it detected 521 threats. Went back yesterday to finish, and decided to do it again, found the same threats, even though I quarantined and deleted them! Why did it bring up the same results twice?

Attached are the different logs

mbam_log_2009_08_04__12_14_41_.txt

mbam_log_2009_07_09__13_13_01_.txt

mbam_log_2009_07_09__12_12_50_.txt

mbam_log_2009_08_04__12_14_41_.txt

mbam_log_2009_07_09__13_13_01_.txt

mbam_log_2009_07_09__12_12_50_.txt

• Staff

Hi,

The logs are confusing and I don't see the results coming up twice, unless you didnt select to remove what mbam found.

Anyway, First of all, please update MalwareBytes, because the databaseversion is outdated.

• Start MalwareBytes and click the Update tab. There click "Check for updates"
  • In case you can't update the database via the update option, please download and install the database from here. Only do this when the update option doesn't work.
  • Once the updates are downloaded, perform a quick scan again.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply along with a fresh HijackThis log, then we'll proceed from there with new steps.

Extra Note:

If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.

Please don't attach your logs, but copy and paste them in the thread instead.

• Staff

I would do the same, because you can't afford to have business computers infected in the first place. There's too much to risk.

Please read my Prevention page with lots of info and tips how to prevent this in the future.

And if you want to improve speed/system performance after malware removal, take a look here.

Extra note: Make sure your programs are up to date - because older versions may contain Security Leaks. To find out what programs need to be updated, please run the Secunia Software Inspector Scan.

Happy Surfing again!