Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.2.1- Support

Good morning!

I have a question about support for version 2.2.1.

For almost two years I have been using this software. I believe that version 2.2.1 was the most complete.

On the producent's homepage I found information that says that support for the version 2.2.1 has been finished.

I noticed that the virus database is still updating.

The program works as it should.

I would like to ask what exactly is this lack of support and in which case should I go to version 3?

I'll add that I'm using a free version that only serves me to scan.

I read a lot of opinions on version 3 and I'm not entirely convinced of it.

I would ask for advice and help.

Thank you and best regards!

Hello and Welcome...

In simple terms, support ended in this case they will no longer develop or upgrade that version.  Yes the definition updates are still working, however eventually that may stop as well, they have not mentioned when that will happen.

That being said, MB3 scan engine is way more powerful that that of version 2.  Since you are only using the free version for on demand scanning, it will not hurt anything to update to the latest version.  It contains many more features that version 2 does not.

Some folks have experienced issues with MB3, however most of those have been resolved.  If you do encounter any issues you can always come back and post your issue and someone can help you resolve it.