Anti Exploit now working windows 7

ne5

my malwarebytes anti exploit has stopped working. I've uninstalled and completely installed the new version but I have no icon on my bottom right screen and when I try to run the exe file it is completely dead.

My desktop version of malwarebytes also has stopped displaying the icon too, unless I run a manual scan. I'm running windows 7. Neither malwarebyes (free version) or avast picks up malware or a virus. 

Can you please grab the logs outlined below:

Create and obtain Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) logs

1. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
    1. Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
  2. Double-click to run and when the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer
  3. Press Scan button
  4. This will product two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
    1. Attach both of these logs to your post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the files to the attachment area

Same here on one of my two Windows 7 x64 desktops.

It happened last night after I was prompted to run an update and did so (I thought) while declining automatic updates. Exactly the same symptoms as ne5 reports, no icon and nothing happens when I activate the launcher in the start menu. Task Manager shows it as running. I don't know off-hand which version it was, but I've since installed the current Build 1403 (admittedly without first installing the original) with no change.

My other machine is running Build 1403 on automatic updating and although I've only turned it on once since yesterday it is showing the usual icon which opens up ok.

Hmm, looks like I'm having similar problems with the missing icon as well on my Win7 64-bit PC. Anti-Exploit was working fine until sometime on Thursday when I booted up my PC. Cannot even bring up the program. Uninstalling and reinstalling with the latest version (1403) didn't work either. Though I tried it with an older version during one reinstall, I thought it worked, since it brought up the usual window, plus another window asking me on how to proceed with the updates. But when I closed those, never can open them again.

The program appears in the task manager, so tried the Anti-Exploit tester to see if it was running correctly, it wasn't. The tester did close, but no message of its intrusion. (Tried it when I first installed the software months ago, Anti-Exploit worked perfectly, complete with the proper message of blocking the intrusion.)

As for antivirus scans. Anti-Malware threat scan didn't detect anything. Avast quick and boot scans didn't detect anything. May do a full or complete scan with each when I get the time.

Makes me wonder if it's because of something in this particular build.

On 2017-5-11 at 11:18 PM, Arthi said:

Hi Ne5 and Tandor,

Can you also please send us zip files of the contents of  the below folders

C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit

Thanks.

Sorry I don't know what you mean. The contents are just a list of dll files, system files etc ?  

changelog.txt

mbae-uninstall.log

I think I've managed to fix this issue, at least it's working normally for now. It's too soon to say whether it will continue to work in the coming days.

I ran the MBAE uninstaller, but instead of immediately re-installing MBAE which produces the same problem, I deleted the MBAE folder from Program Data, and then rebooted the computer before installing the latest version of MBAE - 1.09.1.1410. Once it finished installing the icon was back and double-clicking it brought up the program as usual.

• Staff

Hi All,

Whoever is facing these MBAE startup issues with 1.09.1.1403 version, can you please provide us the following:

ZIP the entire contents (ALL the files, not just .LOG) of the following directories 
C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and 
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit

Thank you.