mbam.exe doesn't start

9 minutes ago, ningen said:

Yesterday it worked fine and I made a scan, no malware.

To day 07/06, the same problem : no access to mbam.exe !

Can you help ? Thanks

We will need a new set of logs for @dcollins

• Create and obtain an mb-check log
    1. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
    2. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, then click "OK" 
    3. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
      • Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area
  • Create and obtain Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) logs
    1. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
      Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
    2. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
    3. Press the "Scan" button
    4. This will produce two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
      • Attach both of these logs to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the files to the attachment area

Can you please follow the instructions outlined below:

1. Download the following Procdump.zip file: Procdump.zip
  2. Right click on procdump.zip and then choose properties
  3. In the window that pops up, click the unblock button near the bottom and then click ok
    unlock.png.47485ba190e7d8018f290e773a7365c6.png
  4. Extract procdump.zip.
  5. Open the folder where the files were extracted
  6. Double click the Malwarebytes icon on your desktop to attempt to launch Malwarebytes
  7. In the folder from step 6, right click "4 - mbamservice_memory.bat" and select Run as administrator.
    • If you did the steps correctly you should see a black screen similar to the following:
      cmd.png.ab2d535beef7b34d4d6a2046a6f3365b.png
  8. Wait 10-30 seconds and then the black window should go away
  9. Perform steps 7 and 8 again, but right click 2 - mbam_memory.bat this time
  10. There should be two new files in the folder that ends with .dmp
  11. Right click the DMP files and choose Send to -> Compressed (Zipped) folder
  12. Reply with the dump file
    • If the files are too large to upload, please upload the files to wetransfer.com and send them to dcollins@malwarebytes.com
Edited by dcollins

Hello

By looking at properties of procdump.zip, there is no button "Unlock". But on the "security" sheet it says that authorizations are allowed except for "special authorization".

When launching "mbamservice_memory.bat, the screen says tap a key to start, and it says this is run as administrator.

No screen similar to the one you show on your last message did appears.

No .dump files in the folder.

Thanks for your help.

Hello

I started in safe mode and opened Malwarebytes. Following message appeared : one or more protection levels in real time are desactivated.

In the start up option parameters :

Self-protection (module d'autoprotection) is activated. I CAN'T TURN IT OFF as you asked.

Early start up of self-protection at Windows start up is desactivated and can't be activated.

With normal windows start up, no access to Malwarebytes.

Thanks for your help.

Hello

Nothing happens. The button is green and stay green.

After normal start up, when closing all the open windows on my screen, I discovered that Malwarebytes was working and a message of Windows signaling that Windows has changed something on the compatibility of the program and that it will be used so for the next start up. In the properties of mbam.exe, nothing is crossed but it indicate compatibilty "windows XP SP3". 

I have restored the normal parameters of the protection of Malware bytes, and I have turned off the self-protection.

I have closed Malwarebytes.

I can reopen it.   But the self-protection is turned off.

I will close the computer and restart it, and let you know what happen.

Thanks for your help.